scottdog62

How to get a mods building in terrain editor

I want to use building from a mod for the map I'm making.

How do i get them so i can place them in terrain builder?

Iv tried, what program do i use? I'v been manually using extractPBO. and it keeps coming up with errors.
Can you explain how please

I'v tried unpacking the entire CUP core terrain but none of the building work in editor, same with ironfront.

Keep getting an error in buldozer

I'v tried unpacking the entire CUP core terrain but none of the building work in editor, same with ironfront.

Keep getting an error in buldozer

After you have used extractpbo on the file you should drag that new folder created and put it in your P drive, also it would be great if you could tell me the specific error? For example if I use extractpbo on CUP buildings 2 pbo file it will create a folder called "cup_terrains_ca_buildings2" good progress, after that is done open up "cup_terrains_ca_buildings2" and you will end up at a CA folder, this is the folder you need as all the models and rvmats are hard directed from the CA folder onwards, I'm pretty sure all CUP files go from CA folder onwards, anyway copy paste the CA folder to your P drive and import the library into terrain builder. And you should be good, its always a good idea to look at the rvmats and see which directory they follow. GL oh and be sure to use the CUP mod when you launch ArmA so you can actually see your buildings :P

• Like 1

OK worked this time, i made a folder called CUP on my P: drive where i put all the folders, maybe that was the problem.

Anyway thanks heeps

i think that the folder you need for the cup mod , must be CA and no CUP. Can someone confirm that?

OK worked this time, i made a folder called CUP on my P: drive where i put all the folders, maybe that was the problem.

Anyway thanks heeps

Using extract pbo may be the problem-I find that it and binpbo which I use for packing have become very unreliable when using windows10. Even for basic stuff like changing configs for hidden selections-when i repack I will get a bunch of errors.

i think that the folder you need for the cup mod , must be CA and no CUP. Can someone confirm that?

I'm pretty sure the CUP folder must be labeled CA, not CUP, but if CUP works, then go with it.

I'm pretty sure the CUP folder must be labeled CA, not CUP, but if CUP works, then go with it.

There is 3 folders you want from CUP, you get a "ca" folder and there is also "CUP" which has the cwa stuff. I also add "dbe1" as that has 42 .p3d files in it.