Sign in to follow this  
babibo

Script location for SQL Database

I have some questions about server side scripting for sql.

Iam about to write some scripts for a database so that i can save the player health. For that ive written some scripts for the database connections and added them to the mission folder. After i was reading some other mod source code i asked myself why the most mods have a addon only for the server scripts.

Should i write an addon only for the database server scripts or can i add them to the mission folder and run them in the initServer.sqf without taking any risk?

Arma can't load an "addon" within the mission. Only on game up-start.

The thing with that is, that Arma does not support SQL connection of any type scriptwise in sqf. For that, you need an Addon written in C(#,++?).

This cannot be loaded on mission startup, since these kind of addons can change Engine features or extend them, which cannot be done on the fly.

Short Answer: No you cannot load that addon in you mission folder.

Sry if it was not clear...

I use extDB3 for the Database Connection. But i dont now if i should use a extra addon where i have all the extDB3 scripts like the most mods / mission frameworks do or if i should leave the server extDB3 scripts inside the mission folder so that everyone has access.

Well in the scripts itself are no passwords etc. . But if a hacker takes a look and remotes exec in the server with the defined commands, he might be able to write in your database with custom commands. So keeping your scripting commands for the database safe is a good option. If no player has access to the serverfiles, a script injection attack cannot be done.