Sign in to follow this  

Opfor Russian units (Addon) now speak American in my mission since Apex release

Hello

I am not sure where else to put this, Addons areas seem pretty strictly aimed towards either releases or Wip's.

My mission uses East Vs West Russian units (by Sudden), and has worked fine for over a year up until recently. I uninstalled the game just before Apex release, and just re-installed everything over last weekend, and now the Russians have switched from speaking Russian to  speaking American. (And they sound terrible, speaking just like your player character does in a group)

Might there be a setting to change what language units speak somewhere in script or editor maybe?

Or I wonder if Apex did some changes to language stuff?

I discovered that there is indeed an area in a units editing area where language can be selected - unfortunately there is no Russian option. I was able to switch to Farsi, and they use it, but it surely is not fitting to their Russian outfits.

I also realized this is the first time I have done mission editing in the new editor for my project, so I am suspecting that somehow the Eden editor is not registering the Russians default language for these guys that I assume may be coming from the East Vs West mod? As I had no issues in the 2D editor for over a year with these guys using the Russian language.

Maybe Cup Russian units work fine with their language, going to try that. Quite unfortunate that it seems the language for the Russians is broken in the Eden editor for East Vs West module though, Imo the best looking Russian outfits I've seen.

/Edit

Cup Russian units are not speaking Russian as well, they are speaking American. They also do not have a 'Russian' language option in their unit editor area. Whether this is an issue with the recent Apex release or an issue with the new 3D editor, at least on my end the Russian language usage for custom Russian unit mods is gone.