Sign in to follow this  
SpaydCBR

May I get some help with my dialog?

This is my first time doing a GUI and after spending days getting absolutely no where I'm about to give up on my dialog and I was hoping someone here could walk me through this.

I'm trying to make a simple respawn dialog that pretty much looks exactly like the BIS one but without all their list boxes. I just want the map with the standard BIS respawn icons at each respawn position, and two buttons "Respawn" and "Arsenal". When you click "Respawn", you spawn at the position you've selected on the map, and when you click "Arsenal", it takes you to the Virtual Arsenal screen where you can select your gear, and when you close it, it should take you back to the Respawn screen.

I thought I could just copy all the BIS MenuPosition stuff and just remove the parts I don't want, but I couldn't get that to work. Then I decided to just do it from scratch and looking at the BIS stuff as a guide but that got a little overwhelming.

I guess my main problem right now is I can't figure out how to make the map a part of my dialog. I've been starting with "openMap[true,true]", then creating my dialog on top of it "_gui = createDialog "CBR_RespawnDialog" " which is just the two buttons. This "looks" right but I can't drag the map around, presumably because it's only allowing for input to my dialog (the buttons). So I THINK I need to include the map as part of my dialog but I'm not sure how. I found this https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Dialog_Control_Map which looks like what I want but it hasn't been very helpful. I'm not sure what to put in the "text" attribute. I'm also confused because I saw that BIS also used openMap in their code somewhere too, so I'm not really sure how theirs is working.

Any help please? :D

Am I even on the right track here?