Does the BIS revive work?  I am trying to add it through the EDEN editor to my multiplayer mission, but it doesn't seem to be working. 

Every time my player dies I just go to the respawn screen.  However, a little medical cross appears right under the stamina bar when I die, which seems to briefly indicate an incapacitated state.  

Here is what I have tried:

-ticking/unticking the checkbox for "revive enabled" on the playable unit.

-using the "Revive" respawn template in description.ext.

-trying every combination of settings in the revive options in the multiplayer attributes pane of the EDEN editor.

-enabling/disabling respawn on custom position both in description.ext and in the EDEN editor.

Is it possible that I have to actually have more than one player on my team to enter the incapacitated state?

for me it always works without anything in description.ext.

in eden multiplayer menu respawn set to "disabled", without further changes at the respawn checkboxes. "revive" enabled. incapication "basic". (other settings than basic can still kill you with one shot depending on bullet type etc.)

(not saying, that it won't work with other respawn settings, but i had trouble once with other setting, but didn't do any further troubleshooting, because no respawn with revive is fine for me...)

check it, if it works for you. to be safe, set at least another unit playable and use the "eden host mp" preview. although i can't iamgine, that revive is dependable on a second player, perhaps it only works within multiplayer. so it might be worth checking, even without a buddy to join you....

for me it always works without anything in description.ext.

in eden multiplayer menu respawn set to "disabled", without further changes at the respawn checkboxes. "revive" enabled. incapication "basic". (other settings than basic can still kill you with one shot depending on bullet type etc.)

(not saying, that it won't work with other respawn settings, but i had trouble once with other setting, but didn't do any further troubleshooting, because no respawn with revive is fine for me...)

check it, if it works for you. to be safe, set at least another unit playable and use the "eden host mp" preview. although i can't iamgine, that revive is dependable on a second player, perhaps it only works within multiplayer. so it might be worth checking, even without a buddy to join you....

I always edit through the multiplayer menu so that isn't helping unfortunately.  I also have plenty of playable units.  I've also tried stuff like setvariable diableRevive false or whatever the correct syntax is in an onPlayerRespawn.sqf to turn off this variable for the new unit created on respawn.

Well the gametype I am making is a PvP sector control gametype, with a "main objective" sector and several "side objective" sectors.  Each captured "side objective" sector gives your team a respawn point (and other bonuses such as periodic AI fire teams spawning to attack the main objective.)

Players start with 0 points, and earn points for capturing objectives and killing enemies.  These points can be spent during the game to buy AI squads that can be directed around the map by the player via a custom "high-command-esque" script.  Or, these points can be contributed towards the team's "upgrade pool" which grants upgrades that are team-wide, such as new respawn loadouts, upon reaching certain goals.  

So I need to have "respawn on custom position" and so I can dynamically add and remove respawn points and loadouts to the team.

It would be really great if I could get the BIS revive working with "severe hits instantly kill players but less severe hits will incapacitate them," "all players can revive" but "have to have a medkit" and "medics revive a lot faster." I want only a few roles, but various "tiers" of upgrades for each role.  So each role should have a job and be distinct.

So back to the issue.   Has anyone got the revive working with respawn on custom position?  I can't get it to work either way, even with respawn disabled.

@jwllorens: I made the settings for revive and respawn in the 3DEN dropdown menu AND in the description.ext. My respawn points are custom positions. 

I played MP with an actual buddy on a dedi server and it worked flawlessly for several times.  I also tried the "save gear" param because once my buddy wasn't fast enough and I died.  That worked, too. 

But my mission making as a LOT of trial and error, so I'm not sure if it will apply to your mission and/or modset equally well.  Just wanted to encourage u to go on with testing - and if all else fails, how about a custom revive script?

There's cool stuff out there like this: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20897&highlight=FAROOQ

Or this: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25074&highlight=CHESSMASTER

Or this: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24088&highlight=WOUNDING  

I believe this last one to be the most feature-complete system of them all. 

@jwllorens: I made the settings for revive and respawn in the 3DEN dropdown menu AND in the description.ext. My respawn points are custom positions. 

I played MP with an actual buddy on a dedi server and it worked flawlessly for several times.  I also tried the "save gear" param because once my buddy wasn't fast enough and I died.  That worked, too. 

But my mission making as a LOT of trial and error, so I'm not sure if it will apply to your mission and/or modset equally well.  Just wanted to encourage u to go on with testing - and if all else fails, how about a custom revive script?

There's cool stuff out there like this: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20897&highlight=FAROOQ

Or this: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25074&highlight=CHESSMASTER

Or this: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24088&highlight=WOUNDING  

I believe this last one to be the most feature-complete system of them all. 

Would you mind posting what you have in description.ext?  Thanks.

Here you go:

onloadName = "RAVAGE TOURISM ESSEKER ZEDS TOUGH";
author = "tourist";
overviewText = "Survive after the Zombie Apocalypse - and aim for the head..."; 
respawn = 3;
respawnDelay = 10;
respawnTemplates[] = {"Revive","MenuPosition"};
respawnOnStart = -1;	
reviveDelay = 10;		// The time it takes to revive a unit. Will be halved if you have a Medikit. (Default: 6 seconds.)
reviveForceRespawnDelay = 5;	// The time it takes to force your respawn while incapacitated. (Default: 3 seconds.)
reviveBleedOutDelay = 300;	// The time it takes for a unit to bleed out. (Default: 2 minutes.)				
saving = 1;
debriefing = 1;  
aiKills = 1;

class Header
{
	gameType = RPG; // Game type, see 'class' columns in the table below
	minPlayers = 1; //min # of players the mission supports
	maxPlayers = 12; //max # of players the mission supports
};

This Mission is with BIS Revive only, not one of the custom Revives that I mentioned.  If I understand you correctly, you want BIS Revive to work.  That it did in said mission that I actually playtested this weekend - so I hope it is good advice I can give you.

If you want the custom revives, then you have to have a folder with it's scripts in your mission folder and of course refer to that revive system in  the init.sqf, like e.g. here from another mission where I use  farooq revive:

call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "FAR_revive\FAR_revive_init.sqf";

But that code can vary depending on the revive system you use, as you might know already.  It says here that in your mission folder  all the farooq scripts must be in a subfolder called "FAR_revive" without the " ". 

Best of Luck in your Editing chores,

tourist

Here you go:

onloadName = "RAVAGE TOURISM ESSEKER ZEDS TOUGH";
author = "tourist";
overviewText = "Survive after the Zombie Apocalypse - and aim for the head..."; 
respawn = 3;
respawnDelay = 10;
respawnTemplates[] = {"Revive","MenuPosition"};
respawnOnStart = -1;	
reviveDelay = 10;		// The time it takes to revive a unit. Will be halved if you have a Medikit. (Default: 6 seconds.)
reviveForceRespawnDelay = 5;	// The time it takes to force your respawn while incapacitated. (Default: 3 seconds.)
reviveBleedOutDelay = 300;	// The time it takes for a unit to bleed out. (Default: 2 minutes.)				
saving = 1;
debriefing = 1;  
aiKills = 1;

class Header
{
	gameType = RPG; // Game type, see 'class' columns in the table below
	minPlayers = 1; //min # of players the mission supports
	maxPlayers = 12; //max # of players the mission supports
};

This Mission is with BIS Revive only, not one of the custom Revives that I mentioned.  If I understand you correctly, you want BIS Revive to work.  That it did in said mission that I actually playtested this weekend - so I hope it is good advice I can give you.

If you want the custom revives, then you have to have a folder with it's scripts in your mission folder and of course refer to that revive system in  the init.sqf, like e.g. here from another mission where I use  farooq revive:

call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "FAR_revive\FAR_revive_init.sqf";

But that code can vary depending on the revive system you use, as you might know already.  It says here that in your mission folder  all the farooq scripts must be in a subfolder called "FAR_revive" without the " ". 

Best of Luck in your Editing chores,

tourist

Hmm, interesting.  You don't have anything in there that I didn't try.  

According to the wiki, the revive respawn template is deprecated which seems to be why I get an error that the template doesn't exist.  

I haven't actually tested my mission in a dedicated server environment yet but I'll play around with it.