sputnik monroe

Some gear hidden from Virtual Arsenal?

I've been playing the East Wind Campaign and I've been running across AFF soldiers that have helmets that are not in the Virtual Arsenal. MICH and MICHcamo.  Neither of these are in the Virtual Arsenal view regardless of if I get into VA by right click a unit in 3den editor to get to the VA or if I just go straight there from the title screen via the tutorial menu. The only AAF Helmet I see in VA is "Modular Helmet." which is the old PASGT type. Why are these two helmets not showing in VA and is there a way to get them to show?

Also is there other content hidden from the VA and 3den?

I've been playing the East Wind Campaign and I've been running across AFF soldiers that have helmets that are not in the Virtual Arsenal. MICH and MICHcamo.  Neither of these are in the Virtual Arsenal view regardless of if I get into VA by right click a unit in 3den editor to get to the VA or if I just go straight there from the title screen via the tutorial menu. The only AAF Helmet I see in VA is "Modular Helmet." which is the old PASGT type. Why are these two helmets not showing in VA and is there a way to get them to show?

Also is there other content hidden from the VA and 3den?

The MICH (Camo) and MICH2 (Camo) are legacy helmets that BI never got around to adding into the game; or perhaps they did make them but never bothered to implement them in-game.

Design-wise, they presumably are just the same PASGT helmets that would have had a scrim or ghillie netting applied over them like BLUFOR's camo'd variant of the ECH. I can't remember the exact patch when they were hidden, but it was sometime ago after Win or Adapt were released. There are no differences in terms of stats from the regular MICH though (which has since been renamed to the Modular Helmet) as they inherit the same armour values.

The exact line from the changelog for patch 1.56:

Fixed: When an inventory item was configured as hidden (scope = 1), it didn't appear in the Arsenal even when the character had it already equipped (this lead to the item disappearing). Now, equipped items will always be visible. In the future, we'd like to revise item visibility and make sure as few as possible are hidden.

What this change basically did is that if you equip any hidden weapons or items, they'll only appear in the Arsenal while you have them equipped and will get hidden again if you access the VA and don't have it equipped on you. So without using a custom mod that changes the scope of the item back to 2, it's not possible to see them in VA.

And yes there are a lot of things that are hidden in this same way. Most of them are either placeholders or are legacy items from the pre-Alpha days however, so don't expect to see any fancy stuff without doing a little bit of config tinkering yourself.

• Like 2