Flax

CTRG - Faction Expansion

cLsqBXa.png

This thread is the discussion place for a mod in development to expand the current in-game CTRG faction. I have nothing new to show at the moment but am planning to include some of the following things:

• New Groups for 3DEN and ZEUS
  • New Units/ Loadouts
  • Reconfig'd and Textures vehicle variants from other factions (eg Offroad, Pickup)
  • Scripted functions for vehicles

As this is a WIP I will update as I have made any progress and as always any suggestions would be welcome.

Credit to Kydoimos for the CTRG insignia  :D

• Like 11
  • Confused 1

There are a lot of mods out there that add new stuff in the game. Why not expand the base game? I am with you all the way. Hoping we see more soon bud!

Would be nice to have CTRG units, vehicles and groups for Altis/Stratis too ( without the British flag on it and under CTRG faction and not story).

There are a lot of mods out there that add new stuff in the game. Why not expand the base game? I am with you all the way. Hoping we see more soon bud!

Yea my thoughts exactly, the faction has some nice kit and some very different camo. Thought it would be nice to bolster the current offering allowing for more variety in mission making.

Would be nice to have CTRG units, vehicles and groups for Altis/Stratis too ( without the British flag on it and under CTRG faction and not story).

Yep that's the plan - I don't think I will overwrite the existing classes or if I do I won't make much chnages so that it won't interfere with the story.

• Like 1

Yea my thoughts exactly, the faction has some nice kit and some very different camo. Thought it would be nice to bolster the current offering allowing for more variety in mission making.

Yep that's the plan - I don't think I will overwrite the existing classes or if I do I won't make much chnages so that it won't interfere with the story.

Cool... I think there is no need to overwrite the CTRG story characters..you just have to put your units under the new CTRG faction ...beside Altis and Tanoa you should also add the urban units :)

cheers and thx for doing this

Great idea, you certainly could include two flavours units without the UK Flag and some with. Vehicles wise, perhaps reconfigured existing Arma3 content and also perhaps some other vehicles. CUP has a modernised Warrior and other UK vehicles, though i can appreciate that you may not want to rely on CUP. They may give you access to the files to make your own standalone versions. ;)

• Like 1

Great idea, you certainly could include two flavours units without the UK Flag and some with. Vehicles wise, perhaps reconfigured existing Arma3 content and also perhaps some other vehicles. CUP has a modernised Warrior and other UK vehicles, though i can appreciate that you may not want to rely on CUP. They may give you access to the files to make your own standalone versions. ;)

Hmm hadn't thought of that - I will definitely consider it. Maybe some jackals to give them something stronger than the LSV's. For now I'm going to focus on the vanilla content and hope to have a release out for the day of APEX release. Also more info coming soon in the form of a website detailing units and vehicles. 

• Like 3

Hmm hadn't thought of that - I will definitely consider it. Maybe some jackals to give them something stronger than the LSV's. For now I'm going to focus on the vanilla content and hope to have a release out for the day of APEX release. Also more info coming soon in the form of a website detailing units and vehicles. 

Jackals and Some Land Rovers would look quite nice in CTRG Colours. But in the meantime you could re-texture the Mora into a mean looking warrior :)

• Like 2

In the editor much of the new gear of Apex is not even used in stock units in the editor. Expanding on these units would be a good step.

• Like 2

Well, after playing Apex Protocol, I think its fairly safe to say that CTRG is a NATO unit, not a wholly british unit, so giving them very British things like the Mora and the Jackal isn't a great plan.CTRG is responsible for the research of combat technology, presumably either field testing new tech like the thermal suits, or by as we saw in the East Wind and Apex Protocol, researching enemy technologies like the East Wind device.They're a special mission unit with a specialty in intelligence. I don't think they should even have any armored vehicles. Supposing they were in an engagement requiring the support of armored vehicles, they would have the support of regular units. Just light little recon type vehicles would be good. Some undercover units would be cool too, with civie clothes and stuff like that.

Really enjoying the CTRG faction released in Apex. I'd really like to see uniforms suitable for Altis and stratis without the British flag as mentioned above (as there's already a sand version of the CRTG ghost hawk and prowlers in game). It would be great if those uniforms had the same thermal capabilities as the new CTRG jungle ones do. As it stands now I don't thing the desert CTRG 14 (Briidh unit) have any thermal capability.

As far as further development of the faction goes. My take is that CRTG is essentially a futuristic NATO version of DEVGRU. So I think vehicles and additional kit should fall into that profile. Someone mentioned above that they should be more akin to light recon type elements. I'd disagree that that's the only direction for any future use of the faction. A very well rounded tier 1 unit and everything included in that I think makes more sense. Just my take...

Since there is nearly everything there already I would suggest following CTRG groups : Arid (Altis), Urban (green/grey),Tropic(Tanoa), Desert, Night Ops, Navy Ops  and Snow. All groups should use the same thermal gear (uniforms, helmets, night vison googles) and maybe also the CTRG vests that are used for Millers group on Altis. As far as it goes for vehicles..I think the Ghost Hawk and Prowler should do it for the beginning, instead of adding more vehicles I would like to see more specops stuff like UAV units or boats and divers for infiltration and sabotage scenarios.

cheers

• Like 1

On 8/21/2016 at 6:47 PM, kydoimos said:

Wow... well that makes me feel bad. Fixed