Sign in to follow this  
almanzo

Help with bug caused by mods

So, there are a couple of mods we are using together and it has been causing us some issues... So I wondered if anyone else has experienced any of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNs8c2gODec

In addition to what you see here, we also experience no sound and fire animations for RHS rifles sometimes, but the thing is that it's not consistent, it happens for some people some of the time. If I am not mistaken, this is TF47 launchers.

So, there are a couple of mods we are using together and it has been causing us some issues... So I wondered if anyone else has experienced any of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNs8c2gODec

In addition to what you see here, we also experience no sound and fire animations for RHS rifles sometimes, but the thing is that it's not consistent, it happens for some people some of the time. If I am not mistaken, this is TF47 launchers.

Could you list the mods here, so we can help. 

• Like 1

Video make it look like a malfunctioning Bobba-Fett jetpack

I can't comment on the cause of that particular issue, however the "no sound and fire animations [...] sometimes that happens for some people and not others" is not an issue with RHS per se. Thats an issue of bad-admin on your groups part for allowing people to run different mods to one another. If everyone runs identical mods to each other there will be zero issues with this.

• Like 3

Video make it look like a malfunctioning Bobba-Fett jetpack

I can't comment on the cause of that particular issue, however the "no sound and fire animations [...] sometimes that happens for some people and not others" is not an issue with RHS per se. Thats an issue of bad-admin on your groups part for allowing people to run different mods to one another. If everyone runs identical mods to each other there will be zero issues with this.

We run with a custom mod pack, so we do not allow people to run different mods. Gear is fixed as well, so it is a bit odd.

Roadk1ll: Ace, ACRE, JSRS, RHS (all of them), ST_Hud, ST_stamina, ST_mapgestures, MCC, tf47 launchers, HLCmods core and ak, Leighs opfor pack, TPW cas, a whole list of terrains and some inhouse mods that sorts out our gear scripts and AI settings.

There might be an issue with our list exceeding the string limit of the startup params, we use ARMA sync for mod management, but I don't know. Nobody gets any error messages or the like, so it has shown to be a pain to hunt down.

Maybe some conflict between ACE launchers pbo and TF47 launchers? I would focus there and also RHS as it changes some things to do with launchers.I think it is a conflict between those three somewhere.

There might be an issue with our list exceeding the string limit of the startup params, we use ARMA sync for mod management, but I don't know. Nobody gets any error messages or the like, so it has shown to be a pain to hunt down.

Use a .BAT file to launch the game, you can run any number of mods then without it exceeding the launch parameter character limit (and without having to use the shitty launcher)

As to the "we all run the same mods", you clearly don't else you wouldn't experience the sound issue. Turn on signature verification to be sure.

• Like 1

Yeah RHS added most of the TF47 Launchers so its redundant, try to disable TF47 (you will lose the Carl Gustav) and see if it works then.

JSRS might ba another cause for People not hearing weapons, I don't know how good it works with modded weapons.

Confirm that everyone has the same mods by mod locking the Server if you haven't done it yet and I think I've seen something like that before in a reddit post.

Retch

Yeah RHS added most of the TF47 Launchers so its redundant, try to disable TF47 (you will lose the Carl Gustav) and see if it works then.

JSRS might ba another cause for People not hearing weapons, I don't know how good it works with modded weapons.

Confirm that everyone has the same mods by mod locking the Server if you haven't done it yet and I think I've seen something like that before in a reddit post.

Retch

JSRS, is that the latest version? As its only designed to work with Vanilla Arma3, not mods.

JSRS, is that the latest version? As its only designed to work with Vanilla Arma3, not mods.

We've used the same mods for ages, this problem started appairing after 1.60 was released. We have removed JSRS from the mod list this week to see if this is the cause, but from my understanding JSRS only replaces vanilla sounds, so it shouldn't impact sounds from other mods but instead won't do anything to change them, no? We have considered the possibility though, so we will look into it.

And Jackal: We use the launcher to make it easy for everybody to update and launch the game. If it would be possible to distribute a batch file easily, it is a possibility. Do you mind sharing an example file? That is .bat, no?

And Jackal: We use the launcher to make it easy for everybody to update and launch the game. If it would be possible to distribute a batch file easily, it is a possibility. Do you mind sharing an example file? That is .bat, no?

START "" "C:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -mod=@Mod1;@Mod2;@Mod3 -nosplash 

START "" "C:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -mod=@Mod1;@Mod2;@Mod3 -nosplash 

Thank you. =) What if the mods are in a different directory?

Managed to find what caused the issue. Identified two computers that had the issue and was able to have them both physically in the same place, allowing us to make a lot of tests. All of the mods was loaded according to the expantions menu, and all of them had the same version. This was tested both on a dedicated and a localhost solution, the problem occured in both instances despite running the same mods.

However, we noticed that the load order in ARMA Sync was different between the two clients, and after resetting load order the issue went away. So yeah, that was the issue, it's the first time I've experienced load order issues in ARMA, and from what I've seen not many people have experienced this. Hopefully, someone else will find this useful, it has caused us pain for weeks, but after applying the fix it works as it should and we can hear eachother fine, even when running JSRS =)

• Like 1