Sign in to follow this  
natelawrence

Game crashes when trying to host via LAN/Internet

Despite verifying the game caches of both OA and A2, running Steam and OA administrator and having no mods active or launch parameters, whenever I try to host a LAN or Internet game, OA crashes with this error message.

"Include files z\addons\dayz_code\gui\description.hpp not found."

Any fixes?

Either you try to connect to a server that requires dayz, or you try to run mission that requires it, or you have some mod enablet and you dont know it.

In main menu go to Expansions, and make sure you have really no mods enabled. Then find out what mods the server or the mission requires and enable them.

Either you try to connect to a server that requires dayz, or you try to run mission that requires it, or you have some mod enablet and you dont know it.

In main menu go to Expansions, and make sure you have really no mods enabled. Then find out what mods the server or the mission requires and enable them.

I already made certain that no mods were enabled, and I cant get far enough to even select a mission. The farthest I get is the "Create Game" screen that looks like this. After clicking OK, OA crashes.

arma-2-multiplayer-screen-04.jpg

Ok thats strange.

So you are not even connecting to anything neither you are hosting anything. Does singleplayer work normally for you?

Ok thats strange.

So you are not even connecting to anything neither you are hosting anything. Does singleplayer work normally for you?

Yes, singleplayer and normal multiplayer work just fine.

Try setting a different memory allocator. Via the new corepatch my server was crashing until i used "-malloc=tbb3malloc_bi" in the launch options

Try setting a different memory allocator. Via the new corepatch my server was crashing until i used "-malloc=tbb3malloc_bi" in the launch options

Still crashing