For some reason my PC is making some weird noises. This isn't the PC I usually use but it's the one I have available now and for the rest of summer. While it's still a strong PC it sometimes annoys the living shit out of me. I have no other choice other than ask the people of this community that could help. In short it makes that weird screaming noise and the looses my hard drives. In the past it used to do that mostly when I would push it over the limits while now it does it for no god damn reason. I open steam, it starts screaming. I open chrome, it starts screaming. I open a picture in my PC, guess what, IT STARTS SCREAMING. Any help woud really be appreciated I'd like to get this fixed before July 10 because after that we'll see ya at around October.

Audio

Pictures

On the first pictures the hard drives C, D and F get lost after the screaming starts.

On the second picture I just thought I'd show my computer temp. Note that the temperature is high because it's like 42C outside.

http://imgur.com/a/eWLcn

Specs of this computer:

z97x gaming 3 (motherboard)

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Intel® Core i5- 4690K 3.50GHz, 3500MHz

8GB RAM

64bit

CORSAIR HYDRO SERIES H60 HIGH PERFORMANCE LIQUID CPU COOLER (120MM)

Not the correct thread to post this (probably OFF_TOPIC would be better :) )

But try to detemine where the noise comes from (Motherboard, FDD, HDD, DVD/BLURAY DRIVE).

Noises mostly come from mechanical devices (like the spinning mechanics of a drive), but sometimes electrical component can produce sound as well.

Mechanical parts have wear and tear on parts like ball bearings (which cause unstable rotation in a drive and a scraping noise).

Electrical parts which make noise could be defective, but it depends on the component.

Did you overclock any component btw?

• Like 1

First of all thank you so much for such a quick answer! Yes I have overclocked something I don't quite remember what I'll look through to find what I overclocked. Another reason I post this is because I have no clue where the noise is coming from. I recently changed my motherboard to this new one so I doubt it's the mother board, so that can be crossed off the list. The rest I have no clue. I can't tell where the noise is coming from.

Was it happening after new motherboard? Ie make sure stand offs all pins correctly attached.

Wires clipping a fan. Check psu fan.

And the overclocking.

do you have the classic PC speaker in your computer? that could be making the noise.. but unknown reason.

If its your sound card making the beep noise then I'd guess some program is causing the noise.... maybe its warning that some fan doesn't run? and thus overheating is happening?

"screaming noise" is usually a capacitor failing. Whichever part of the pc it's on (probably motherboard) is about to die.

What concerns me about the motherboard failing is.... I have the same motherboard!

Thank you all for the help so far. It was doing it before the new motherboard too but not as often. So what I have gathered. Do not do overclocking, I don't know if I have the PC Speaker gc8 talked about, I'll open up my PC to check that all pins are attached, and the wires clipping the fan and I am not quite sure that the capacitor is. I am not much of a tech guy to be honest here. Thank you so much for what you have told me so far.

If it starts and stops when opening a picture it might be a component on the GTX. prepare for a replacement purchase.

Sounds like its either the Graphics Card on the way out, or perhaps a Hard Drive. From a personal perspective ive never bothered with over clocking, as it only can make your hardware more prone to breaking.

Oh my graphics card was bought at around 2013 or 2014 I believe. I am not sure when I bought it. So yeah what I can surely gather is that overclocking is anything but good. God damn. Still trying to fix this shit. I also updated my drivers to a beta version maybe that would help with my games randomly crashing on me. For example I thought I'd try payday 2 since I hadn't played it in a long while but once I opened it it just crashed. I have literally spent my whole day in trying to fix this.

EDIT: Nope, updating to beta drivers didn't do shit.

Oh my graphics card was bought at around 2013 or 2014 I believe. I am not sure when I bought it. So yeah what I can surely gather is that overclocking is anything but good. God damn. Still trying to fix this shit. I also updated my drivers to a beta version maybe that would help with my games randomly crashing on me. For example I thought I'd try payday 2 since I hadn't played it in a long while but once I opened it it just crashed. I have literally spent my whole day in trying to fix this.

EDIT: Nope, updating to beta drivers didn't do shit.

Have you tried reseating your graphics card? I.e taking it out and putting it back in. Also when did you last clean the PC, PCs are known to be dust magnets. 

Have you tried reseating your graphics card? I.e taking it out and putting it back in. Also when did you last clean the PC, PCs are known to be dust magnets. 

I last cleaned my pc yesterday :P

I forgot to mention that I have the Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler. That might actually change things.

And I have not overclocked neither the CPU nor the graphics card.

I already monitor my temperature. What do you mean grounded properly?

Your machine builds up static electricity. Depending on where you live, your powercord has a ground/earth. Otherwise you need to ground/earth your machinecase by leading a conductive cable into the ground.

If not done properly or defective this could cause noise as well.

But listening again to your audio, my guess is it's mechanical. Try the following:

Disconnect all internal component and 1 by 1 connect them again.

Test start your machine between connecting the various components.

This way you'll rule out the problem components.