Sign in to follow this  
alias1001

Can not pass mission in boot camp latest Dev branch "Damage Control"

After the Helicopter lands in town now the "Hunter Vehicle is 270 meters from the LZ. If I run with the other Sgt. towards it it gives me a "Missing in action mission failed. I have verified the games files run it NO MODS and nothing works. The Hunter is always 270 meters from the LZ. Can you please fix this in the next update I am really enjoying the boot camp new missions.

Cheer,

Alias

Shouldn't play on dev-branch then. :p

But yeah, bug is there since at least Friday, I think. Applies to stuff in the main campaign as well (chapter 2, mission 2, the fia checkpoint strider) as to some of my custom missions. So I'll guess it is a general problem with the first waypoints.

Shouldn't play on dev-branch then. :P

But yeah, bug is there since at least Friday, I think. Applies to stuff in the main campaign as well (chapter 2, mission 2, the fia checkpoint strider) as to some of my custom missions. So I'll guess it is a general problem with the first waypoints.

HAHA! Yea. But I do enjoy the new stuff guess I can always switch off dev branch an go back. Thanks for the laugh!

Cheers,

Alias

I noticed this bug, too. Yeah, "don't play on devbranch" and all that, but the bottom line is, there is something wrong with the waypoints. This needs to be looked into before it ends up in the main branch.

IMO, this is a good reason to play on devbranch, actually. So that the main branch people don't get hit with things like that. :) 

• Like 1

Bug is still in the game. Hoped it would be fixed soonish, because now we won't have any updates for the next 4 days and the campaign is impossible to finish (again, bug persists into the main campaign as well, but don't know yet how big of an impact this has).

In any case, sux, because I am replaying it right now as well and I don't want to switch back and forth to the stable branch. :>

It'd probably be good to make a simple custom mission that would show this behavior. I don't think it's specific to the campaign, if someone could isolate it, it'd probably be easier to fix.

Unfortunately, I don't really have either the editing experience nor the time to do that.

Still not fixed. Sorry for nagging, but this issue very much shouldn't be here for so long. At some point, dev features will be merged with the main branch and I wanted. Also, I wanted to test how the AI driving improvements affect the campaign, and this issue prevents me from doing so.

If anyone has an idea how would I go about reproducing the bug in a custom mission, please post. 

Load up "damage control" and see for yourself. The Hunter you're supposed to board near the start will be over 200m from LZ. It's hard to pinpoint, but it seems that AI completes one of its waypoints when it's not supposed to (it should only start driving once you're on board).

He drives to the first waypoint and then stops.

NeDSNi.png

I have two 100% speculative thoughts with no actual research backing it: 1. waypoint condition kicks in now *after* the unit has moved to the waypoint or 2. ... no actually, that's the only thought I have about it and now while writing this, I even produced some proof for the claim.... see below.

Extremely easy to reproduce, but here is a showcase mission anyway:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-11718542/test_wp.Altis.rar.html

Basically, before rev X vehicles didn't even moved to the waypoint location if the condition wasn't met (if I remember right... would need to switch to stable branch for a test, but meh). Now they actually do, which has influence on certain missions (Damage Control in Bootcamp dlc is the most obvious so far). I'll guess this had to do with the vehicle ai driving changes?

Ahh, so the condition of the waypoint is now used to allow them to proceed past the waypoint instead of being required to approach the waypoint.

Ahh, so the condition of the waypoint is now used to allow them to proceed past the waypoint instead of being required to approach the waypoint.

Actually, that's how it is supposed to work. Waypoint's condition field decides if next waypoint will get active. Current will be active though.

Problem reported comes from other bug - disableAI "move" didn't work with new AI driving, which is now fixed and incoming to dev soon.

Thanks to all of you, for reporting and diagnosing :) That helped a lot 

• Like 2

Much obliged. After the update is out I'm going to play through the campaign and see if there are any other issues like that.