Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

Custom planes failing with BIS Support Module

Trying to figure out an issue with CUSTOM (aka NOT BIS) planes and the BIS support module.  We are encountering an issue with planes that work PERFECTLY in the editor, MP missions, and any other aspect of the game.

HOWEVER, when spawning a custom CAS unit via the BIS Support module, it spawns in the air with engines on, airspeed = "0" and no forward momentum.  They therefore plummet to the ground and crash.  Every time.

I've heard talk that others have encountered this, however I can't find anything searching the forums for "support module spawn plane" or similar.  Hoping someone can chime in with guidance. 

Is there a config value the plane config needs for the support module to "see" the plane correctly to spawn it via the BIS support module?

glad its not just me..... 

following closely. 

Affirmative.  ALSO - ensured no roadway LOD's are present within the planes.  Planes are inheriting under "class plane_F"... one example here:

class Plane;
	class Plane_Base_F : Plane {
		class AnimationSources;
	};
	class uns_Plane : Plane_Base_F {
		class Turrets {};
	};
	class uns_f105D_CAP: uns_Plane

Edit to add - I've also had the same behavior w/ other planes with a very similar inheritance... which leads me to suspect the inheritance isn't the problem:

class AllVehicles;
	class Air: AllVehicles {
		class NewTurret;
		class ViewPilot;
		class AnimationSources;
		class MarkerLights;
	};
	class Plane: Air{};
	class Plane_Base_F: Plane {
		class AnimationSources;
	};

I'm 99% sure that is caused by the simulation, A3 planes use AirplaneX.

I thought airplaneX still cause the wheel damage when you taxi down the runway?

On some planes it does, yes.

The new Apex civilian airplane has that bug too, no clue about the others.

So I'm being told from the team that "airplaneX" breaks the carrier taxi feature, which our 'Nam mod contains.  I also did some further testing and yes "airplaneX" still causes taxi damage on the ground.  You can't land w/o damaging your plane.  So IMO "airplaneX" is still broken to the point of being unable to use it, making it not feasible as a solution here.