Sign in to follow this  
phronk

[Release] Forced Foldmap

2fv09Kq.png
Forced Foldmap
By Phronk & Rall3n

Description
    "Forced Foldmap" is a simple client-side script which unassigns the player's map, GPS, and UAV terminal items when they open their fullscreen map. The items are reassigned to the player after they close their map.
This script was designed to enforce the use of Taosenai's "Tao Folding Map" 3D map addon, but is not limited to that only purpose.

Installation
    1. Locate/open the folder of the mission you want to add this script to

2. Copy & Paste this into your mission's initPlayerLocal.sqf:
null=[]execVM "noMap.sqf";

3. Copy & Paste this into your mission's onPlayerRespawn.sqf:
null=[]execVM "noMap.sqf";

4. Copy & Paste the noMap.sqf file from the zip into your mission's root folder

5.  OR skip the above steps 2,3,4, and instead just paste this into your initPlayerLocal.sqf
((findDisplay 12)displayCtrl 51)ctrlAddEventHandler["Draw",{showMap false;showGPS false;}];

6. Done!

DOWNLOAD (06.18.2016)

Known Bugs
    1. Cannot manually move your Map/GPS/UAV Terminal into your gear (You can still drop them/put them in containers as intended)

2. The eventHandler method prevents players from also using the vanilla GPS (Tao Folding Map functions as a GPS when in an air/armored vehicle)​

• Like 4

could someone test the download link at armaholic plz?

I only get an empty file called "script" but it could be reasoned by the proxy of my employer. so i dont know if its really broken. but usually i am able to download from armaholic.

@sarogahtyp: I totally forgot about missionEventHandlers, I'll have to do a quick rewrite when I get a chance. Thanks!

@Foxhound: Thanks for the hosting!

Don´t want to disregard your idea, as it is a good one that forces people to use a great mod!  :)

But wouldn´t it be easier to use:

((findDisplay 12) displayCtrl 51) ctrlAddEventHandler ["Draw", {showMap false; showGPS false;}];

instead of deleting and re-adding the items everytime someone opens/closes the map?

Edit:

It would be necessary to also call the commands every time someone wants to open the GPS, because as soon as the player moves the map or GPS in the inventory around and at the end back to the assigned Slot, map and gps get enabled again!

Your ctrlAddEventHandler is better optimized than my "while{true}do{" method, but, it prevents players from viewing their GPS.  However, they're still able to use the Tao Folding Map as a GPS if they are in an armored or air vehicle.  Not sure how to bypass that, but it's not exactly a bad thing IMO.  I've updated the download link in the first post with your method as the primary way this script works, but I left mine in (deactivated) as a second option. 

Credit is provided.  Thanks for the help!

• Like 1