pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

We have just released over 100 km2 of Pacific archipelago we call Tanoa to the Dev-Branch for all Arma 3 Apex owners. The version is still work-in-progress, please, be gentle on the green hell that has been just unleashed :icon_twisted: Please, keep in mind that the version is still unfinished and spread the word when taking screenshots / videos / streaming, otherwise enjoying the environment. Still, we are looking forward to your feedback.

Consider verifying Steam cache and defragmenting HDD (not needed for SSD) before you try the islands. Last but not least, have fun on Tanoa, our team has spent quite a lot of time preparing it, enjoy it to the fullest :icon_twisted:

Known issue: Steam is not yet correctly distributing the Tanoa data to all players, and it may also falsely claim you don't own Apex yet. This is being investigated with Valve, so we must ask for a little more patience for this Dev-Branch staging.

• Like 40

I got the Apex DLC in steam and turned to the DEV Version but how does it know that I have the DLC ? because its not installed at all 

and there is only a 1,3 gb update

• Like 2

Cannot wait to get home and try this out. BIS you guys are the best. 

• Like 1

I got the Apex DLC in steam and turned to the DEV Version but how does it know that I have the DLC ? because its not installed at all 

and there is only a 1,3 gb update

There may be possibly some licensing issues in the beginning, our Steam Support team should be ready to investigate. I'm sorry if there are problems blocking You from getting into Tanoa, we'll try to sort it as soon as possible.

• Like 3

There may be possibly some licensing issues in the beginning, our Steam Support team should be ready to investigate. I'm sorry if there are problems blocking You from getting into Tanoa, we'll try to sort it as soon as possible.

Yep, I had a go with one Arma 3 installation updated using the Game Updater and it didn't recognise I already pre-purchased Apex. So I wasn't able to access Tanoa.

Trying to switch to Dev with my regular install now.

• Like 1

Same for me, I got the "purchase" button instead of "continue" when choosing the map.

hope you can fix it for today 

Same for me, I got the "purchase" button instead of "continue" when choosing the map.

Even worse, I have a "continue" button which takes me right back to the desktop :|

Even worse, I have a "continue" button which takes me right back to the desktop :|

Could You, please, take a look if You have downloaded the whole update? It should be roughly 6 GB for Apex owners, 1.6 GB for non-owners.

• Like 1

Could You, please, take a look if You have downloaded the whole update? It should be roughly 6 GB for Apex owners, 1.6 GB for non-owners.

Yeah, it was only 1.6 GB. I tried with the Updater tool first, now I have switched my standard installation to dev branch, but still only 1.2 gb download

EDIT: Now I have a "purchase" button.

Yep game updater said 1.6GB and Steam doesn't download anything...

+1 :(

Yeah, it was only 1.6 GB. I tried with the Updater tool first, now I have switched my standard installation to dev branch, but still only 1.2 gb download

Yep, 1.3 GB only here as well. And steam says it's "not installed".

untitled5tj49.jpg

This may be the cause, it seems like Your Steam app didn't download the proper data yet. I know how harsh that sounds, but could You, possibly, wait a while? Huge downloads may take some time for Steam to process :icon_evil:

• Like 4

Same issue here I'm afraid, I think it will just take patience guys. This looks like a Steam back-end issue with licensing for DLC content.

Hold tight!

This may be the cause, it seems like Your Steam app didn't download the proper data yet. I know how harsh that sounds, but could You, possibly, wait a while? Huge downloads may take some time for Steam to process :icon_evil:

You have no idea how hard this is to "wait a while" ;) But I don't think I have much of a choice. I am just going to sit here and quietly sob until Steam likes me again

• Like 8

aaargh when the purchase button will be fixed?

Its the same for me, I got the "purchase" button instead of "continue" when choosing the map.

Can't try it either it only links me the option to purchase, while of course I pre ordered Apex as soon as it was available.  :(

The map layout looks quite nice, lots of reasonable sized islands and plenty of elevation, damn it's hard to wait to get there!  :D