wyattwic

remoteExec - Does ID take UID or clientOwner?

Hello everyone!

Does remoteExec accept PlayerUID as an acceptable target? Does it only accept clientOwner ID numbers? 

I sadly do not have two systems available to test it.

Thank you!

Hello everyone!

Does remoteExec accept PlayerUID as an acceptable target? Does it only accept clientOwner ID numbers? 

I sadly do not have two systems available to test it.

Thank you!

targets (Optional): [default: 0 = everyone]

Number - the function will be executed only on client with the given owner ID. When 0, the function will be executed on each client including the one where remoteExec was called from. When 2, it will be executed only by server. When negative, it will be executed everywhere except for machines with the given client ID. Use -2 to target everyone except the server.

Object - the function will be executed only where unit is local

String - the function will be executed only where object or group defined by the variable with passed name is local

Side - the function will be executed only on clients where the player is on the specified side

Group - the function will be executed only on clients where the player is in the specified group. In order to execute the function where group is local pass owner of the group as param:

_myGroup remoteExec ["deleteGroup", groupOwner _myGroup];

Array - array of any of types listed above

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/remoteExec

Do you find BIKI page somewhat lacking of information?

BIKI had more then sufficient information but it felt somewhat out of place for it to based on clientowner.  Asked here to see if anyone had the resources to test if uid could be a valid target.

Thanks,

BIKI had more then sufficient information but it felt somewhat out of place for it to based on clientowner.  Asked here to see if anyone had the resources to test if uid could be a valid target.

Thanks,

Considering UID is String and:

String - the function will be executed only where object or group defined by the variable with passed name is local

I think you know the answer.

• Like 1

Thanks.  Being somewhat inexperienced in programming, I miss things like that now and then.

I'm not sure to understand, with my poor English, when you need to "remoteExec" to groupOwner group bob (say bob is a unit or cursortarget returned unit) instead of "remoteExec" to bob (as object).

There should be a difference, referring to selectLeader example. Btw, this example is false:  groupOwner _unit returns an error, it should be written: groupOwner group _unit.

Thanks for any constructive help.

Thanks.  Being somewhat inexperienced in programming, I miss things like that now and then.

I use this method to select who will get the code:

alertador ={
        _uid = _this select 1;
        _name = _this select 0;
        if(getPlayerUID player == "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX")then{
        systemChat format ["%1 trying to sneakin, his UID: %2", _name, _uid];
        };    
    };    
    [_namer, _uidr] remoteExec ["alertador", -2]; 

Basically it send whats inside ALERTADOR function to everyone but only if this one has UID =  xxxxxxx will see the code.