Sign in to follow this  
aodtonix

Change ECP's default models

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out with this problem. I want to use WW4 default models as the default models for ECP but I have no clue where to start. Cheers to the guys who'll help me. I'm new to the OFP modding scene so I pretty much only know how to install mods.

Actually this was answered bazillion times, but oh well... It won't hurt to answer this one more time, wouldn't it?

First thing: WW4 already contains ECP+WW4 config, search for it in bonus folder, it may suit you well.

If it is still not enough for you, then make some preparations. Download Notepad++, and Kegetys' cpbo - this second tool allows you to open .pbo archives to check where your models are.

Open ECP config file. As you may already know, it's called config.cpp and it is in @ECP/bin/ folder (if you don't have config.cpp file, but binarised config.bin then download unbinarised version from Faguss' OFP Aspect Ratio pack - it comes with useful feature of adjusting CWA GUI to modern widescreen monitors).

What you're looking for are entries in two categories: CfgWeapons (contains... duh, weapons of course!), and CfgVehicles (here you will find machines but human units too). You'll soon notice that guns and units are hidden under various classes included in these two categories. You will also notice that not every class contains playable content - some of these classes (if not the most) are various base classes defining values that other classes can inherit from them. If you'll read carefully through two Config Reference documents I linked earlier, you will find out how to recognize which is which. However, for your comfort, there are already classname lists of playable weapons, infantry and vehicles.

Now, what you're looking for in every class is a model value. It looks like that (non relevant entries ommitted):

class BMP:APC
{
model="bmp";
};

"bmp" refers to bmp.p3d model file which can be found in data3d.pbo archive (and this is in /dta/ folder). data3d.pbo contains (almost) all vanilla models from OFP/CWA - but since we want to replace them with something else, we are not intersted in content of this archive.

WW4 models are archived in ww4_wpn.pbo (weapons) and ww4_trp.pbo or ww4_rpl.pbo (infantry - _trp contains modern style units while _rpl a 1980s era look-a-likes) files. Open them with cpbo (after proper installation it works after double-clicking on every .pbo) and find models you want to use. Going back to config, we need to replace model value with proper path for WW4 models. It looks like that (again non relevant entries ommitted):

class SoldierEB:Soldier
{
model="\ww4_rpl\easoldier.p3d";
};

Repeat for every unit/weapon you want to replace.

• Like 2

Thank you very much guys. You guys rock, better than most gaming communities I know. :D