Sign in to follow this  
mullan360

Terrain Builder/Buldozer Error

Hi, so before I start, I want to say I'm very new to this...

So, I'm currently working through the Atlas terrain making guide and it was absolutely brilliant up to this point.

So when I launch Buldozer, it goes through the texture loading process only to give me this error message when the application opens, "Cannot load texture maps\tag_testmap\data\layers\s_000_000_lco.paa."

After a brief look around in my files, I came to realise that the file exists but is in the wrong format (PNG) and so are the other dozens of files like this in the folder. I was wondering if this is my problem and how to fix this as I have looked around the web for a good while now and have struggled to find anything to help me resolve this.

Any help is greatly appreciated  :D

Cheers!

Mullan

Hello, do you have selected "Convert exported textures into *.paa files" during your satellite / mask / normal map generation ?

Those files are needed because the game engine didn't use png file for that (paa format is way better than png files in term of quality/compression)

0K4U8WL.jpg

It can also happen when generating those files that some links between some RVMAT and .paa files are missing / buggy (this can happen when you are playing with the satellite/mask titles parameters). In this case I recommend to you to delete the folder "layers" in the "data" source directory and restart a new generation.

Edit, for your next posts related to Terrain builder post here please: https://forums.bistudio.com/forum/164-arma-3-terrain-builder/  ;)

Hi, thanks for your response.

I've just tried what you illustrated and I came up short, still getting the same error.. 

(Sorry, didn't realise there was another place to post ;) )

**EDIT: Just got it working, I just forgot to do something after checking the box xD. Thanks for your help mate!**

• Like 1