spookygnu

Starting a mission after a cutscene

Can anyone advise me on what to do or where to look for starting a mission after an intro cutscene?

Atm i am using the new intro script for my mission but i am having to start the mission and tie the camera work into the beginning of the mission. Then work out a good point to slip into player mode.

Ideally i want to have a cutscene play through then go to the player. The sequence in the beginning is long enough to do the former. But its not really what i am trying to do.

Cheers

Spook.

Use Intro Mission sections found in the editor. Everything placed there will count as intro and can be skipped.

thanks Revo, I didn't really get what I wanted to do so stck with my original ideas. I do however have an issue of having the intro embeded into the mission now I have messed about with it. Any idea how I can get rid of it?

Can anyone advise me on what to do or where to look for starting a mission after an intro cutscene?

Atm i am using the new intro script for my mission but i am having to start the mission and tie the camera work into the beginning of the mission. Then work out a good point to slip into player mode.

Ideally i want to have a cutscene play through then go to the player. The sequence in the beginning is long enough to do the former. But its not really what i am trying to do.

Cheers

Spook.

If you want to start a mission with a cutscene and NOT a "standard" intro just make the cutscene and fire it with a trigger at mission start. Let me know if you need more help..

Already have the cutscene in mate. I just tinkered with having an inteo in last night and now its stuck there. Can't figure out how to remove it now. But after removing the ai in the intro it gave me an overhead sat view of pyrgos as the intro. I can skip as usual but unless i remove it somehow I was thinking of adding text animations to that part aswell to at least make it interesting.

Already have the cutscene in mate. I just tinkered with having an inteo in last night and now its stuck there. Can't figure out how to remove it now. But after removing the ai in the intro it gave me an overhead sat view of pyrgos as the intro. I can skip as usual but unless i remove it somehow I was thinking of adding text animations to that part aswell to at least make it interesting.

I don't know if there are other way to do it, BUT I'll dill with that this way:

1-select everything from the map in editor, ctrl+c under scenario tab

2-open new map 

3-paste ctrl+v all mission objects

4-save as whateveryouwant

5-copy-paste all additional content of original mission folder in new mission folder.

DONE!! 

• Like 1

lol! never thought of doing that. theoretically that should do it. I'll give it a try thanks dude.

• Like 1