Sign in to follow this  
mcarma

What exact version do I need to purchase to play this game?

On the following webpage there are several A3 games, so which one or more should I get?  I assume it's the Apex version.   Are there DLC's to purchase too?

https://www.bistudio.com/games

Thanks in advance.

Karts, Helicopters, and Marksmen are the paid DLCs for Arma 3; Zeus is free. There's also the upcoming Apex paid DLC, and the Arma 3 Apex Edition has all of these bundled with the base game.

• Like 1

Karts, Helicopters, and Marksmen are the paid DLCs for Arma 3; Zeus is free. There's also the upcoming Apex paid DLC, and the Arma 3 Apex Edition has all of these bundled with the base game.

Are there many players in A3? How do the server run, fast?

Arma 3 is often in Steam's 15 most played game, so yes there is a lot of players. Servers are unofficial so their speed vary a lot depending on their hardware and connexion.

Got the Apex game with the DLC's and all is loaded.  Now comes the keyboard joystick setups, which looks like a nightmare. lol

Are there official keyboard and joystick layout diagrams or a master list available?

Internal server list displays a huge list of servers having low pings. That's good.

I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but in

%pathToYourProgramFiles%\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 (change what is between '%', included)

there is a file called arma3_keyboard_layout.pdf which contain the default key-binding. It's maybe a little bit outdated, due to post-release additions.

Anyone know of a free pdf reader?  My Word will not convert it due to author's permission NOT.  lol

Also are there some noob servers to practice on?  

Why not just play the Bootcamp missions? It'll help familiarize you. No need to over-complicate this o.o

Anyone know of a free pdf reader? My Word will not convert it due to author's permission NOT. lol

Also are there some noob servers to practice on?

Adode reader is the most common. I'm wondering how you don't even know that program or have any kind of PDF reader :D

What kind of gaming you're looking in Arma? It's a clusterfuck to find anything unless you're happy with Life, KotH and Wasteland which populate the most. And even then you might have no idea what those gamemodes are about at first.

I'd suggest going through the bootcamp and campaign (or was the coming update going to wipe out campaign save games?) to get more of the idea of the game first. When you want to learn more about the vehicles I suggest you to play alone in the editor with them after playing bootcamp and scenarios.

When you get in the multiplayer, scroll menu is your friend. Then find your chat buttons so you can write messages, change channels etc. When you want help, write in the side channel so everyone in your team can see there's a newbie trying to learn things.

Setting up these controls is a nightmare!

Yes you buy Arma 3 and those are the DLC's that are free. But Apex which is coming out right now is 20% off