Hello all. 

I recently started 3D modelling/texturing, and I was able to write the config file for my new item (I want to create an IED pack). 

However, there are a few issues. Once in game, the item loads up in the editor, but the texture is all messed up. It looks like this.

Once I launch the game, the model disappears and is instead replaced with the small IED model that comes with A3. So here are my questions: 

1.) How do I make the texture not look like that? Did I just do an awful job of texturing it? 

2.) Is this a config file issue? (I will link my config.cpp at the bottom)

3.) On another note, how do I alter the type of explosion that the IED creates? For instance, this one is a 2 liter bottle, so it would probably have the blast size of an 82mm mortar. I am also working on a propane tank IED, that I think should have a much larger explosion, perhaps a 155 mm artillery shell. 

Here is my config.cpp: 

http://pastebin.com/BVLithQC

Thanks in advance!! 

Texture looks like an issue with filetype/ conversion/ rvmat of the texture.

how did you name your texture before converting to .paa ? It needs to be with suffix "_co" for proper conversion as diffuse texture. Non .paa textures should not be used.

Looks like you accidentally have the UV map output from your modelling software, in the alpha channel of your textures.

Check the alpha channel of all your texture an material files and make sure there's nothing in them that shouldn't be there.

That sounds like what I did, but I really have no idea what that means or how to go about fixing it. Could you explain? 

Depends on the software you use really.

If you use photoshop, open the "Channels" window and go down to the "Alpha" channel

P08esz4.png

You want this to be completely white if you don't want any transparency in your _co, _smdi, _nohq etc. textures, so select highlight this channel and paint/fill it white if it contains the UV map overlay

If you want to check how the alpha looks on its own, just change the visibility of the RGB channel at the top (click the eye icon):

pmLmxMn.png

Ohhhh okay. I use GIMP, but it's close enough. So this alpha file will then be exported as its own .paa to the base directory? 

Ohhhh okay. I use GIMP, but it's close enough. So this alpha file will then be exported as its own .paa to the base directory? 

No, the alpha is another channel within the _co/_nohq/_smdi files. Its not a seperate texture.

Looks like I need to go back through and re-learn how to do texturing, then! This is a lot of stuff to learn. Thank you! 

On 25.5.2016 at 6:04 PM, anaximandross said:

3.) On another note, how do I alter the type of explosion that the IED creates? For instance, this one is a 2 liter bottle, so it would probably have the blast size of an 82mm mortar. I am also working on a propane tank IED, that I think should have a much larger explosion, perhaps a 155 mm artillery shell. 

Here is my config.cpp: 

http://pastebin.com/BVLithQC

Thanks in advance!! 

Hi,

this is a good question. I also would like to create an IED which should have an other blast size. For that  I have an explosion script via sqf-file. How I can combine it to my IED?

I have tried to execute the sqf-file by add an "killed" eventHandler, but it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

none has any ideas?

maybe a chance with handledamage? but i have no idea how i can use it with my problem...