razzkulz

A return to base task after completing all tasks

I currently have two tasks in my mission which are 1. destroy the ammo caches and 2. repel the convoy. Once those two missions are are completed, I want a new task to be created with "return to base". I got far enough to know that I should do something with triggers and link them to my task modules, but I just don't know how to create the small scripting part that goes into the trigger's condition or on activation field.

Lets suppose your last task is: "destroy convoy". You should have a trigger that fire once the convoy is destroyed, and liked to your "task state module" to give you "TASK SUCCEDED". Name that trigger "whateveryouwant".

Now drop a "CREATE TASK" module with "RTB" task. Link that to a new trigger with:

triggerActivated whateveryouwant;

in the CONDITION field.

As soon that "whateveryouwant" trigger fire (when you destroy convoy) the new trigger will "trigger" LOL the new TASK.

Don't forget to drop the TASK STATE module linked to another trigger for the "succeded" state.

This might be useful in what you're trying to do. Good luck.

ARMA 3 Editor Tutorial Activate A Trigger After Completing A Task​

https://youtu.be/l6xKKrIFgOQ

The scenario:

- So, the player runs across a field and there is an END MISSION TRIGGER
- Now, I don't want it to be ENABLED until I complete an objective, however I have to get across the trigger in order to complete the objective.
- I could move it but, no, just no.
- My problem is, when the player runs across the field the END MISSION TRIGGER FIRES and the mission ENDS
- What I want is: the trigger to be "invisible" (the trigger won't be fired when I cross said field) to the player.
- THEN, once you COMPLETE the objective that is ACROSS the field, the trigger is "visible" (when I cross it I want the trigger to fire and then end the mission).

THE ANSWER:

First you have to give your task a name in the "Task ID" Box in the create task module.
For this example I used "task_1"
(without quotes/see video) 0:36

In this example we set up 2 trigger areas 10x10:

On the left, the end trigger the player must cross to get to the task trigger on the right.

In the Condition Box of the end trigger you put "this and task_1"
(without quotes/see video) 0:20
This doesn't allow the trigger to fire until those conditions are met.

In the On Activation Box of the task trigger you put "task_1 = true"
(without quotes/see video) 0:29
This tells ARMA that task_1 has been completed and will now allow the condition on the end trigger (this and task_1) to be met once you go into the 10x10 end trigger area.

• Like 1