With Arma 3 1.56 came the possibility to prevent AI from automatically entering combat mode. This is useful for instances where you, for example, want to quickly move through terrain, but the AI is doing their "Bounding Overwatch Dance".

This addon allows you to create a set of hotkeys that allow, disallow, or toggle the possibility of AI in your group to enter combat mode automatically. You can still manually command them to enter combat mode, but they will not do so automatically, and even when engaged, ordering them to "Aware" will cancel combat mode.

This addon requires the Community Base Addon.

Workshop Link

Armaholic Link

• Like 7

Oh my god, this is the best thing that happened to Single Player since Arma 1! For me, and I bet for many other too, it makes Single Player an option again. Back to BIS campaign!

I tried installing your addon through the steam workshop. It seems to install fine but I can't configure it. I go into the addons section of the controls settings and nothing is listed. I'm anxious to give this mod a try. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh my god, this is the best thing that happened to Single Player since Arma 1! For me, and I bet for many other too, it makes Single Player an option again. Back to BIS campaign!

I tried installing your addon through the steam workshop. It seems to install fine but I can't configure it. I go into the addons section of the controls settings and nothing is listed. I'm anxious to give this mod a try. Any help would be appreciated.

Just to make sure, you do have CBA loaded, right ?

Just to make sure, you do have CBA loaded, right ?

I do have CBA loaded. I checked it last night and it's working well. Not sure what changed. Thanks!

I do have CBA loaded. I checked it last night and it's working well. Not sure what changed. Thanks!

The nature of the beast (i.e. CBA Keybindings) is that it must be configured inside a mission.

Just came by to say Thank you! for that small, yet very powerful mod. Makes SP missions enjoyable again.

• Like 1

Man, this addon rocks. My only suggestion would be an option that automatially prevents combat mode by default (with ability to turn old combat mode back on). This is how it should have been all along BIS.

• Like 1

Man, this addon rocks. My only suggestion would be an option that automatially prevents combat mode by default (with ability to turn old combat mode back on). This is how it should have been all along BIS.

I support this motion. A default off would be great.

Yeah, I'm planning to do that, as soon as I get the time

Varanon I'd suggest to set prevention of combat mod to default, remove all the UI control options and replace them with a single "Toggle Automatic Combat Behavior" button. I think that will be the most efficient design.

Varanon I'd suggest to set prevention of combat mod to default, remove all the UI control options and replace them with a single "Toggle Automatic Combat Behavior" button. I think that will be the most efficient design.

Hmm, I'd like to keep the other keybinds as well. If you don't need them, you can simply delete them, and they won't interfere

16:07:50 File C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@FHQ CombatMode\mod.cpp, line 5: '.overview': Missing ';' at the end of line

Just a minor thing in case you wanna bring an update.

Thanks. I'll fix it for the next version

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've just released an update. This adds the ability to make combat mode prevention the default (via CBA settings menu)

• Like 1

Varanon did you happen to rename the action to "Prevent auto-combat mode"?

Varanon did you happen to rename the action to "Prevent auto-combat mode"?

I think it's called "Enable combat mode by default"

Is this any different than C2's auto-danger toggle? Tho I don't really understand what both settings really do :D They won't fight even if they get shot at unless commanded to be in combat mode with custom hotkey(or C2's radial menu toggle) to be able to move quickly?

Three suggestions/bugs:

- Any chance to remove that hint which pops up in the main menu and at start of every mission?

- There's a typo in line 6 of the fn_combatModeInit -> Alllow Combat Mode (Notice the three "l" characters)

- The mod.cpp is missing a semicolon (Mentioned that already on Steam)

Three suggestions/bugs:

- Any chance to remove that hint which pops up in the main menu and at start of every mission?

- There's a typo in line 6 of the fn_combatModeInit -> Alllow Combat Mode (Notice the three "l" characters)

- The mod.cpp is missing a semicolon (Mentioned that already on Steam)

Yeah, new version is coming up soon, with those fixed. Thanks for reporting

• Like 2

I suggest to rename the hint that says "preventing combat mode" to "preventing auto combat mode" since the player can still assign combat mode manually.