Hi,

do you like drawing?

Well, you should, because in recent development branch update you will be able to draw lines to the map in addition to placing markers!

Simply press & hold Left Control while you are in map and draw a line with Left Mouse Button and cursor motion.

To improve overall map controls, we have added two combo boxes with selection of color and marker shape in the upper right map corner.

Here you can conveniently change the color and shape of the marker that you will place with double Left Mouse Button click instead of using the old hard coded selections on arrow keys (but you still can if you are accustomed to it).

Color selection affects the drawn lines as well as markers.

Also, you can delete any line or marker simply by pointing cursor at it and pressing Delete. To make sure that you know which line you are pointing at, it is highlighted when cursor is above it.

Otherwise the lines behave just like the markers and are visible to the other players in their own maps under the same conditions.

Wait no more, call for the immediate Close Art Support of the Nine Muses and unleash your unbounded painting talent onto the unsuspecting map texture to show anyone on your channel the true meaning of the Art of War!

PS: Work is in progress so there can be occasional issues. And as always, your feedback is most appreciated.

• Like 22

Finally! Now I can draw Shrek's face on the map over Limni Swamp every single time we play on Altis, and I don't need mods to do it!

Can we have thickness option in next iterations?

Yay, free anatomy lessons in multiplayer!

• Like 10

As a dev and admin of a public mission my first questions are:

Can it be disabled?
Is there any script command related to drawing?

As our server is a public server, not a coordinated environment, I want to avoid all the penises.

• Like 2

With no mod and with all vanilla maps, I've this error by opening 3Den with any map :

No entry 'bin\config.bin/Display3DEN/ControlsBackground/Map.LineMarker'.

With no mod and with all vanilla maps, I've this error by opening 3Den with any map :

Came to report this exact thing as well..

Can we have thickness option in next iterations?

I agree with this option,mybe LCtrl + Scrol wheel up and down for thickness. Would be neat feature :D

• Like 1

Thanks for letting us know, will be fixed in the next dev branch update.

Is there a way to interact with the line drawing system via scripting? I've supported 'ink' in my mod/app (http://www.athenamod.com/) for a while now. It would be great if I could copy the stroke collection from my app and have it drawn on the ingame map 1:1.

• Like 2

Looking good!

Could you add a button on the map that hides all markers and only shows the clean unmarked map. This way we could still see map details under the map markers.

Nice, land navigation is now complete with intersection (cant drawn straight lines) more navigation tools in development?

• Like 2

At last I can draw penises using a line instead of a load of dots.

• Like 1

1. Would it be possible to add all the markers to the combo box and put the most used ones on top of the list? Would be awesome to also have the military markers

2. The resolution of the drawing is not high enough when zoom level is high. It would be great if the length and amount of markers created to display a line would depend on the zoom level the creator uses.

3. The background of the combo boxes is a little bit too big.

Overall I really like the addition, you don't cease to amaze me these days. I wonder if it will also work with a drawing tablet.

Looking good!

Could you add a button on the map that hides all markers and only shows the clean unmarked map. This way we could still see map details under the map markers.

Hmm, now that you mention it. A another combobox for filters would be nice. Global, Side, Group, All & none. That would give us an incredible powerful tool all together.

• Like 2

Another feature we can remove from ACE :) Nice!

Is there a way to interact with the line drawing system via scripting?

We'd like to see that aswell.

e.g.

- drawing moving paths of a unit 

- deleting/fading lines / line segments over time

it would be nice to have another key combo (e.g. holding shift) for drawing straight lines (in 45° angles)

• Like 4

Another feature we can remove from ACE :) Nice!

Ditto, we'd love to remove drawing from ALiVE too :)

• We would love to have scripting available so we can access the marker/drawing state, delete any drawings and create drawings based on the previous "saved" state.
  • Drawing should be available on the briefing screen as well as normal map. Drawings should be limited to unit, group, faction, side or global from a "broadcast" perspective.
  • Drawings should be editable.
  • Should be some form of "permissions" to edit or delete a drawing (i.e. user and admin only).
  • Ability to toggle drawings on/off.

Thanks!

• Like 4

looks good

please consider the MP/trolling context and solutions to manage it.

Anyone who cares enough to troll probably cares enough to find ways to bypass such management solutions, so the least the devs can do is maximize what the "serious users" can do with it in moderated communities.

Anyone who cares enough to troll probably cares enough to find ways to bypass such management solutions, so the least the devs can do is maximize what the "serious users" can do with it in moderated communities.

most trolling is not anonymous, and even many moderated communities have issues with anonymous trolling, such as deleting/spamming map markers. yes some of us have overcome the map markers issue with directplayid monitoring, but it would be nice to have a little more control over such things, even if it means just logging events, will go a long way to reduce the problems

we're looking into ways how ensure spamming and abuse can be detected / revealed by everyone or admin , same goes for dedicated server options/rulesets etc.

• Like 3

we're looking into ways how ensure spamming and abuse can be detected / revealed by everyone or admin , same goes for dedicated server options/rulesets etc.

I wonder if that means just a mouseover tip with the author's name, or some sort of sophisticated penile recognition algorithm.

• Like 4

penile recognition algorithm.

http://pda-pro.net/

The testimony from Mashable amused me... “They looked at 350,000 penii, so we didn’t have to.â€

• Like 6

Can we also have a description.ext command to disable free-hand drawing?

http://pda-pro.net/

The testimony from Mashable amused me... “They looked at 350,000 penii, so we didn’t have to.â€

That made my day. Guess the issue is bigger than I expected.

Can only imagine the job interviews to fill the position to code that one..

• Like 1