Sign in to follow this  
HeroesandvillainsOS

Guys constantly yelling out empty vehicles and friendly units as enemies

I'd just like to get some help on that what I initially thought was an issue with empty assault and motorized speedboats which has blossomed into my player character constantly shouting out all sorts of friendly and innocuous entities as enemies. Not sure if there's an issue with EDEN placed units and objects or not.

Currently, when I place friendly BLUFOR units set to walk around my base with waypoints, as well as several manually placed vehicles, my guy is constantly yelling "enemy patrol" to at friendly BLUFOR units and "enemy boat" at empty assault boats and motorized speeds boats and "enemy vehicle" at empty BLUFOR vehicles. Not to mention he's also doing this with friendly patrol units in the battlefield that spawn with ALiVE too. This is maddening. I play as BLUFOR so why are empty and friendly BLUFOR objects being recognized as hostile?

I know I can run enableSentences false; on my playable characters but I rely on them calling out enemy positions because I prefer to play with the map off.

If this can't be fixed by BIS, is there anyway I can make the player not be able to speak, but still have the AI grouped to me able to speak? Whenever I add enableSentences false; to my player init box, all grouped AI stop speaking as well. I feel like this issue happens 100% more often from just the player himself, but AI call out these friendly objects too, I think I just do it more because I zoom in on objects more than the AI do?

Really not sure but this is killing immersion for me.

Yep, "enemy" friendly jets also, for a long time.

It's maddening.

A lot of times my guy doesn't actually call the friendly infantry "enemy", he'll just say things like "Infanty patrol up ahead" and other ridiculous nonsense which makes me want to just remove the voices altogether. But the boats especially irritate me. Imagine a chorus of "enemy boat" or "assault boat" or whatever over and over and over if you place several on a dock.