pierremgi

feature request: more consistency in clasification

Hi,

There are some powerful commands like nearestObjects which are ruined by the poor classification of the cfgVehicles.

I'm aware of the different "strata" of added objects since Arma 1. But, there is probably something to do, here.

Why?

Because, say you want to find the nearest house from player.

You'll say: use nearestBuilding player... but 2 problems here:

1 - all houses in non BI maps like Unsung mod are not found. (But it's not BI so we don't care!)

2- all added houses (BI) with editor are not found. More problematic coming from BI.

Then, let's go with nearestObjects [player,["house"],300]; or  even (position player) nearestObject "house";

wow, here you have plenty of weird things like land Marks or runway edge lights!

With such command, you need to filter the "houses" to get something consistent, because in the real world a runway edge light is more a "lamp" than a "house".

This command, as many others, has interest if its result is updated,I mean "on each framed" or in a loop.

If you need to filter it with something like:

((nearestObjects [player,["house"],300]) select {count([_x] call BIS_fnc_buildingPositions) > 0}) select 0;

you are starting to kill FPS. Even if there is something smarter than that.

So, a house is a house is a house.

This ticket comes after another one where I underlined a logic is a kind of "man" instead of a "game logic" or "logic" as it should be. One more thing to filter...

And an old post where I asked why, in the same Helicopters DLC, there is a difference in classification between containers for Huron and containers for Taru.. Since then, I lost the trace of Taru's ones.

• Like 1