Sign in to follow this  
kothen

Most Up to Date Tutorials For a Complete Beginner?

Ok, so after 5 years of contemplating I decided to enter the modding scene. I have little to no experience at all with modding, but I wanted to mod Arma as it is my favorite series. So, I tried downloading the tools and looking up tutorials. But a lot of them had different things to them. I want to learn how to model unit and weapons first, and eventually mapping. Im not looking to make new game modes or anything. Can someone please tell me where to go for beginners? I did the whole P drive thing but everything has been giving me some trouble. I have Blender downloaded and added the Arma Toolkit.

Im sorry for the newbie questions. Ive just tried to look up tutorials but there are so many and a lot of them have different ways to set up.

PS: I Dont plan to make anything of high quality anytime soon. I know this will take years to learn and get better at. But I am willing to learn because I love Arma so much.

The tutorials would be specific to what you want to do - it would be pointless to link you to a tutorial on how to make a basic car and get it in game if all you want to make is weapons and vice-versa. So perhaps a few more specifics on what it is you want to accomplish would help...

Well I currently would like to make new units and reskins. Mostly gear such as vests and uniforms. Then maps next. Then maybe weapons later down the line. But mostly new units and maps is what I want to get my feet wet with first.