MANTIA

Addon Compatibility Questions

Hello, was hoping someone could shed a bit of light on a few questions I have.

I'm a part of a group that will be getting together with another group to do some joint operations.  Our addon packs are near identical BUT we have all our "@____" folders separate like how the mods are released.  The other group uses the same addons we do BUT they compile all the pbo's from various mods and put them into one @folder.  For them it simplifies the mod pack for download.

A few questions (assuming we have the same mod versions of each of these addons)

1.  Should we be able to play together and view each others gear, weapons, ect? Or with them putting all their pbos into the same @folder break this?

2. Are there any benefits to throwing all the pbo's into one folder or vice versa?  performance increases/decreases?  ect?

If anyone is able to help me with these questions it would not only be beneficial with working with this group but also just understanding addons in general.  

Thank you!

Generally it is advised to not put all your pbo's into one big folder. It can lead to some issues.The most basic of which is if one mod is updated/changed/removed then you will have to go hunting through your huge folder to ensure you removed every file for that mod.I have seen it many times-someone is getting an error and they dont know why-then they go through folders and find an errant file.

What are the mods and order of loading?

I don't know how you determine what the order of loading is.  Mods thrown into their one pack are things like TYRK, MELB, CTAB, Enhanced Movement, TAW ViewDistance. 

Generally it is advised to not put all your pbo's into one big folder. It can lead to some issues.The most basic of which is if one mod is updated/changed/removed then you will have to go hunting through your huge folder to ensure you removed every file for that mod.I have seen it many times-someone is getting an error and they dont know why-then they go through folders and find an errant file.

Ya that is one of the biggest I thought of as well.  

• Like 2