Big Daddy Grimm

Playable Soldiers Viewable On Map

I placed a set of playable soldiers on the map I am designing a mission with. All soldiers are set to playable. When people join the server they can select the soldier they want to play as and all works fine. The problem I have is that the other playable soldiers are visible and just stand there waiting for someone to join and use them as playable. What setting did i miss or step that I didn't do to have then hidden until someone selects them to use as playable.

You can disable the AI through the description.ext or if you're server admin just click the "Disable AI" option.

This method prevents JIP Though..

Use

• Base respawn
  • DisableAI

You then have JIP but no Playable units visible unless taken by a player.

You can then manipulate respawn using various modules or script your own system.

If you want no respawn, have them run a spectate mode on respawn which they cannot escape from

Could you tell me where to disable them as AI. I looked at a mission that we have been using on the server that someone else made and the only thing in the description.ext file is: respawn = "BASE";respawndelay=5;. I have double clicked on the soldiers and I don't see any option to disable them as AI. When the server starts I can disable them as AI but they still still stand there looking around. Please tell me step by step what to do.

Thank you for your help, I have searched for hours and find nothing on this.

in your description.ext use this:

//------------------------- Misc

disableChannels[] = {6};						// 0 = Global, 1 = Side, 2 = Command, 3 = Group, 4 = Vehicle, 5 = Direct...
disabledAI = 1;							        // No AI in playable units
aiKills = 0; 								// disable scorelist for AI players
enableItemsDropping = 0; 		                                // disabled with 0
joinUnassigned = 1;							// 0 = players forced into role on join
showUAVFeed = 1;							// Enables/Disables the UAV Feed. Zeus-related.
respawnButton = 0;