Sign in to follow this  
jappie2

Cannot open AI menus after 1.58

Ever since patch Hotfix 1.58 i can no longer open the AI menus. This happens in singleplayer and multiplayer.

I do it the way i've always done it.

1: Press F2/F3/Whatever unit i want to select.

2: Press one of the number keys on the keyboard to open the corresponding sub menus, such as stance or fire modes.

However, since patch 1.58 pressing one of the number keys simply deselects my AI. It does nothing at all apart from that.

Weirdly though, pressing the number keys WITHOUT an AI selected does open the menu. This is of course useless since no AI are selected.

Already done: Check all key settings in the "controls" menu. Reinstalled the game, removed all mods and removed all player files. 

I regularly play on a BECTI server, and i've heard from others there that they have the same issue.

Help would be appreciated.

Are you using any mods? i know that in it's default state ACE3 changes the keys for ordering units to weapon equipping I believe.

I have used ace in the past, so i get what you mean!

However, ACE is not activated in the mod list, none of them are. I Removed them all and did a clean arma 3 install, combined with resetting all my files for the controls and stuff.

Everything should be vanilla Arma, but it still happens.

Ever since patch Hotfix 1.58 i can no longer open the AI menus. This happens in singleplayer and multiplayer.

I do it the way i've always done it.

1: Press F2/F3/Whatever unit i want to select.

2: Press one of the number keys on the keyboard to open the corresponding sub menus, such as stance or fire modes.

However, since patch 1.58 pressing one of the number keys simply deselects my AI. It does nothing at all apart from that.

Weirdly though, pressing the number keys WITHOUT an AI selected does open the menu. This is of course useless since no AI are selected.

Already done: Check all key settings in the "controls" menu. Reinstalled the game, removed all mods and removed all player files. 

I regularly play on a BECTI server, and i've heard from others there that they have the same issue.

Help would be appreciated.

Hello jappie2,

thank you for your feedback. Could you please tell me what controls preset are you using? In case you have a custom key settings please PM me screens of your key settings (make sure to include general ones and Commanding).

Thanks