barbolani

BIS_fnc_setTask problems

Hi!

As this issue was side-commented on my last reports with JIP problems, I am making a separate thread so maybe it won't get lost.

I use BIS_fnc_setTask to create or modify dynamic tasks.

Regarding all the enhaced new stuff works well. Nice icons, 3dicons etc..

But regarding the task mechanics it is not working well.

I am unable to reproduce 100% of times, but seems JIP related. When I init the mission and ask for tasks, they get created and updated well.

Tasks created before JIP what are giving trouble.

For example: created pending tasks shown as completed or failed, or not shown at all and suddenly receiving the notification of task completed or failed.

This has happened since Eden update.

Bad news is I am unable to reproduce, but you can join Antistasi Official server (my signature) and ask the players around what tasks they see and how do they see them.

Also seems to affect BIS_fnc_taskExists (returning true but the players don't see the task or are 100% sure they completed it) and BIS_fnc_taskDelete (tasks never get deleted)

.rpt shows nothing.

An example of code of how I use BIS_fnc_setTask:

_tsk = ["RES",[west,civilian],[format ["A group of POWs is awaiting for execution in %1. We must rescue them before %2:%3. Bring them to HQ",_nombredest,numberToDate [2035,_fechalimnum] select 3,numberToDate [2035,_fechalimnum] select 4],"POW Rescue",_marcador],_posicion,"CREATED",5,true,true,"run"] call BIS_fnc_setTask;

On update, I just change "CREATED" by "FAILED" etc.

Don't worry for the vars, as I said, those tasks were working flawlessly before the patch (once the fails on task functions were hotfixed in the last patches) and they should drop any error in .rpt, which is not the case.

I know it is a minor issue as dynamic missions are the less compared with KOTH and DayZ alike, but for the people which uses the capabilities of Arma on the dynamic creation of wars, this is, with no doubt, a major issue.

Would like to hear any feedback about this.

Thanks in advance!

No problem so far, except when all players are dead (or more exactly incapacitated) at the same time. This could lead to a "mission failed" but i didn't script that and I lost tasks in this case.

I think a similar problem occurs also on BI mission like "End Game". Sometimes you lose the 3rd level of task when players are dead. Probably a problem for assigning tasks in case of null player.

My respawn delay is like 1 second, I doubt the issue is related to that, but maybe when all players logout on a pending mission, and the script changes it's state.

Anyway, I've seen players asking for a mission, I login, and not seeing the mission (or seeing in an incorrect state)

Sorry to bump this, but, tasks still do not work after latest hotfix, and I see no response from BIS, just like they are not aware of this.

Made further investigations.

I tried to workaround BIS_fnc_taskExists with an own array containing all tasks. So, when I do BIS_fnc_taskDelete I aslo remove the task from my own array, and instead of using BIS_fnc_taskExists I check if the task name is in the array, and if not, create the task.

I think that's what is making new tasks appear in wrong state, no matter if "CREATED" they show as "FAILED" or "SUCCEEDED".

So it seems what's really broken is BIS_fnc_taskDelete, happened in the past.

BIS_fnc_setTasks is not behaving normally, because even when the task count as already created for the system, the function publishes it in the wrong state.

We have noticed a small workaround, as tasks destinations appear in "SUCCEEDED" or "FAILED" states when player doubleclicks on the tasks title while map is open. Then the map leads to the real tasks destination and player can know the tasks is really pending and not finished.

Still asking myself if BIS is aware of this or not....

Seems like the same issue when we continue from the save games. Hope BIS can take a look tomorrow.

BIS never said a word on this and it's very frustrating. Anyone knows a workaround?