jonilahtinen

FlyInHeight doesnt work right

The first "flyinheight" works in waypoints/triggers, but second on same unit doesn't do anything.

Like this:

Helicopter -> waypoint (flyinheight 10) -> waypoint with trigger (helicopter waits 30s) -> waypoint (flyinheight 50) 

Helicopter won't change altitude to 50 anymore.

Stable, lest hope it will be fixed.

Let's not hope, let's find out for sure. Download dev and try in it, helps finding problems before next stable.

I'm pretty sure flyinheight won't go below 40 m no matter what you do.

Read the OP, it already does.

The command flyinheight does not work.

When you position any unit it is positioned in 3 dimensions -  north, south and height.

BIS has named the 3 dimensions  X, Y  and Z.  If I were in charge I would have named them north, south and height.

Anyhow set  Z  to say  200 and your aircraft/helicopter will start the mission with the motor running at a height of 200 meters.

So, in your waypoints,  instead of  using "flyInHeight"  you need to change the Z  value instead.

So, in your waypoints,  instead of  using "flyInHeight"  you need to change the Z  value instead.

Try it yourself before giving advice, the Z value does nothing. It would be logical, but this being Arma... 

FlyInHeight does work. For the first command, that is.

Underwater waypoints are also bugged.

Try it yourself before giving advice, the Z value does nothing.

Do we have the same game?  I have Arma 3 vanilla.

flyInHeight does not work

Set the Z  value to 200 meters and the helicopter/aircraft starts with the engine running at a height of 200 meters.

Do we have the same game?  I have Arma 3 vanilla.

flyInHeight does not work

Set the Z  value to 200 meters and the helicopter/aircraft starts with the engine running at a height of 200 meters.

Yes, vanilla stable. But we are not discussing about initial flying height. We are talking about waypoints and different flying heights. Read the OP again. As I said, waypoint Z-axis does nothing.

Anyone know why the lowest value you can set for flyinheight is 50?  Or at least it doesn't see to work right.  If I put 10, the AI flies at 30m, but if I put 9, the AI drops to around 7?  What's the deal with that.  I had no issue with flyinheight in A2.  Its odd that BI would mess with this when it seemed to work perfectly fine in the older games

Hi, I've noticed after jet dlc realese, flyinheight is broken, planes come at right height but after some time they go higher and higher to around 2700mtrs ATL and circle above ground....

3 hours ago, pawelkpl said:

Hi, I've noticed after jet dlc realese, flyinheight is broken, planes come at right height but after some time they go higher and higher to around 2700mtrs ATL and circle above ground....

this bug from 2016 -up to present day

• Like 1

Yes still getting higher, above 500 meters and they still can't seem to find waypoints.

Flyinheight and FlyinheightASL are completely messed up.

A chopper can fly at 5m but not 15m it goes to 45-50m

FlyinheightASL only seems to fly at 50m minimum.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, f2k sel said:

Yes still getting higher, above 500 meters and they still can't seem to find waypoints.

Flyinheight and FlyinheightASL are completely messed up.

A chopper can fly at 5m but not 15m it goes to 45-50m

FlyinheightASL only seems to fly at 50m minimum.

Yeah, it's frustrating.  Worked fine in A2zzz