Anyone got any clue on why I get 2 servers pop up when running a dedi through TADST? reinstalled and still getting the same problem; if it even is a problem? Guessing it's putting twice the demand out it should be?

It's a problem and yes I'm seeing it to.

For me, the mission will play but I always get a message telling me I'm missing an object on the first attempt. I have to connect again for the mission to play.

Losing hope that TADST is being supported again TBH.

Wonder if there are any (free) alternatives out there?

Why not use TADST to write the server configs you need (unless you know how to do it yourself) then launch with a shortcut with the start params in it(I think this works?), or you could use cmd or a .bat (which I do) to do the same thing? (Assuming you are on windows)

This has nothing to with TADST, I have the same issue, I even habe got 3 displayed servers: 1 is the real server, one is the headless client and one is battleye since the latestest update. I think the arma server broswer thinks that those would be servers too, even if they are not.

I am not a 100% sure but, it has something to with that, and not how you start your server

Regards Arkensor

Why not use TADST to write the server configs you need (unless you know how to do it yourself) then launch with a shortcut with the start params in it(I think this works?), or you could use cmd or a .bat (which I do) to do the same thing? (Assuming you are on windows)

Can you link me to any kind of guide for doing my own using cmd or .bat? I looked through the wiki on that and it's not really written in an easy to understand way. At least not for me. :(

Can you link me to any kind of guide for doing my own using cmd or .bat? I looked through the wiki on that and it's not really written in an easy to understand way. At least not for me. :(

Here is the bare minimum for what you would need (i think), modify the params to how you want them but stick this in a bat in ur arma3 directory and you shouldnt have any issues.

set StartDir=%CD%
START "" /high "%StartDir%\arma3server.exe" -server -ip=<serverIP> -port=<serverPort> "-config=%StartDir%\config\server.cfg" "-cfg=%StartDir%\config\basic.cfg" "-profiles=%StartDir%\<profile>" -name=<profileName> "-mod=@<mods>" "-bepath=%StartDir%\battleye" 

You can also add other params to the end of that:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters#Server_Options

(%StartDir% is so if i were to move the arma install i wouldnt need to rewrite parts of the bat, it would just work seamlessly. You can remove it if you want to tho.)

Here is the bare minimum for what you would need (i think), modify the params to how you want them but stick this in a bat in ur arma3 directory and you shouldnt have any issues.

set StartDir=%CD%START "" /high "%StartDir%\arma3server.exe" -server -ip=<serverIP> -port=<serverPort> "-config=%StartDir%\config\server.cfg" "-cfg=%StartDir%\config\basic.cfg" "-profiles=%StartDir%\<profile>" -name=<profileName> "-mod=@<mods>" "-bepath=%StartDir%\battleye"
You can also add other params to the end of that:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters#Server_Options

(%StartDir% is so if i were to move the arma install i wouldnt need to rewrite parts of the bat, it would just work seamlessly. You can remove it if you want to tho.)

Reading this I'd assume it relies on a server.cfg file. Would I just rename my .armaprofile.cfg (sorry not near my CPU for the exact name) and place that in my Arma root too? So just the .bat and the .cfg? Would I need to install the built in steam.cmd server tools or any of that?

Thanks for that bat text BTW!

Reading this I'd assume it relies on a server.cfg file. Would I just rename my .armaprofile.cfg (sorry not near my CPU for the exact name) and place that in my Arma root too? So just the .bat and the .cfg? Would I need to install the built in steam.cmd server tools or any of that?

Thanks for that bat text BTW!

You will need a server.cfg:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

A basic.cfg:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/basic.cfg

And a server.arma3profile:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.armaprofile

If you want to use a custom difficulty setting you can put that in the arma3profile and server.cfg before you launch the server:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Difficulty_Menu#Difficulty_Presets

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190130-difficulties-in-setting-difficulties-post-158/

if you have been using TADST you can find the cfgs it generates and use those as ur cfgs. The arma3profile will be auto-generated by arma when you launch if you dont have one already (I think). You can put these configs and profile anywhere you want, but I have them tucked inside folders in the arma directory.

As long as you have an install of arma you should be fine. I have arma 3 server downloaded from steam.cmd but using steam client would work the same (unsure what you mean by steam.cmd server tools).

So I have done this with Battleye both on and off, doesn't seem to change how many servers appear. Only thing I can think of is because the server runs from Arma Launcher and Arma runs from it as well so for some reason it thinks there are two instances, if that makes sense?

Additionally, when I connect to one of the servers and try to begin the mission I get told "wait for host", the other server launches alright. 

Additionally, when I connect to one of the servers and try to begin the mission I get told "wait for host", the other server launches alright. 

This has nothing to with TADST, I have the same issue, I even habe got 3 displayed servers: 1 is the real server, one is the headless client and one is battleye since the latestest update. I think the arma server broswer thinks that those would be servers too, even if they are not.

I am not a 100% sure but, it has something to with that, and not how you start your server

Regards Arkensor

This is basicly what I told you right away. The arma server browser listens on ip + game port, and if other things are happening on that post like Battleye if you did not assign it a port, or have got a headless client who will do something over that port and then you have got the server who is running over that port, you end up with 3 servers, and without a headless, you have got 2.

Try to setup the BE config to have a dedicated port for it, maybe then you only have got one left.

Regards Arkensor

We shouldn't need to do workarounds on our own like this. ^^^^ I have no idea what you're talking about or how to do this myself.

Arkensor, I understand completely what you are saying, however I don't have HC setup or Battleye enabled, so using your logic shouldn't there be only a single server?