franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA3 by Nodunit and Franze

Hey guys,

Here is the latest version of the AH-64D compiled into .pbo which is the current version on the master branch of the AH-64D (v1.42+) GitHub. Also feel free to join Nodunit & Franze AH-64D Project Discord server. I did made very last changes for the upcoming week before compiling the files in the .pbo so I would recommend anyone to download this latest version.

Download Nodunit & Franze AH-64D (v1.42+)

• Like 4

I think this latest version is missing a rvmat. Maybe it was my download, but by copying the Prime rvmat (I think) over from a previous version appeared to fix the error message. This was into the tex/in directory.

Quick question - I only seem to get 75% max power when flying full throttle. I tried taking my joystick controls out and only use the default of left shift, but still top out at 75%.

I'm using a warthog combo.

Great work on this to all involved btw, flies beautifully and looks better

4 hours ago, Rich_R said:

I think this latest version is missing a rvmat. Maybe it was my download, but by copying the Prime rvmat (I think) over from a previous version appeared to fix the error message. This was into the tex/in directory.

Quick question - I only seem to get 75% max power when flying full throttle. I tried taking my joystick controls out and only use the default of left shift, but still top out at 75%.

I'm using a warthog combo.

Great work on this to all involved btw, flies beautifully and looks better

Shifty.FR has looked into the rvmat error, he reworked the file but better ask him directly, he fixed the rvmat issue before this last update.

The 75% throttle issue is a bug which comes from A3, do you have the same issue with the AFM AH-9 (with gauges helper display) while being full collective up ? If so, you gotta rebind your axis to make it work, this is Arma sorcery. Make sure you fly the AH-64D with AFM, do not exceed the VNE (163kts IAS) otherwise the controls input efficiency will greatly loose. Also make sure you have the following settings to prevent weird bugs regarding the AFM altough it's written in french, you'll get it :

1489240749-sans-titre.jpg

• Like 2

Is there a manual tutorial download?  I couldn't get the loadout to change except empty.

Hey guys,

Things are still going on as I finally managed to partially understand Oxygen 2 and its memory points creation. As follows, exterior lights design in progress (WIP), looking forward NightIntruder's settings for those for the sake of realism, and the new pilot optics (NVG/FLIR/DTV).

1489276729-arma3-2017-03-11-18-46-11.png

1489276673-arma3-2017-03-11-18-53-04.png

1489276740-arma3-2017-03-11-20-35-41.png

1489276751-arma3-2017-03-12-00-54-54.png

• Like 8

Wow nice work! i'm going to switch back to stable branch so I can use this again-I cant take not using it! :D

2 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Wow nice work! i'm going to switch back to stable branch so I can use this again-I cant take not using it! :D

Sooo thats why it doesn't work for me.. Dev Branch :( 

sad reacts only

• Like 2

Exterior lights design and tuning are now finished. I'll made a video once I'm back home before the next release. Further work on those would be effects improvements (as for the flashing anti-collision lights which are not spreading the light on the ground and other surfaces yet for instance) as NightIntruder managed to do. I'll proceed to the internal lights afterwards. I'm also thinking about creating flare pods which would be placed at the same spots than the current ATAS. That said I haven't done 3D before...

I think it's the time for the community to kick in. The idea would be to allow flares dispense only if you have those pods on, while keeping the original chaffs dispenser. That means I'll have to create a second CMFlares class for those. I don't know yet if that would work since as far as I know, all aircrafts on A3 uses just one dispenser. 

• Like 2

On 3/11/2017 at 1:06 AM, Sacha Oropeza said:

Hey guys,

Here is the latest version of the AH-64D compiled into .pbo which is the current version on the master branch of the AH-64D (v1.42+) GitHub. Also feel free to join Nodunit & Franze AH-64D Project Discord server. I did made very last changes for the upcoming week before compiling the files in the .pbo so I would recommend anyone to download this latest version.

Download Nodunit & Franze AH-64D (v1.42+)

So totally new to this. Bought Arma and signed up for the forums JUST to fly the Apache!!! So, a BIG THANK YOU to the developers for this, and BI should be thanking you to for getting a new customer!

OK, so I installed the mod through Steam. Does this update from the master branch? Do you recommend that I continue to manage the mod through Steam, or should I manage it myself locally (through local copy from Github) etc.?

Any advice would be welcome!

Thanks!

53 minutes ago, WobbleWorm said:

So totally new to this. Bought Arma and signed up for the forums JUST to fly the Apache!!! So, a BIG THANK YOU to the developers for this, and BI should be thanking you to for getting a new customer!

OK, so I installed the mod through Steam. Does this update from the master branch? Do you recommend that I continue to manage the mod through Steam, or should I manage it myself locally (through local copy from Github) etc.?

Any advice would be welcome!

Thanks!

I do recommend you to stay tuned on the GitHub since you'll get the very last update as soon as I release it. However you'll have to compile the .pbo yourself using PBO Manager v1.4, that's the only downside of it. 

Anyway, rest assured, I do publish a changelog everytime I do updates. Finally, if you want to follow the project, feel free to join the Discord server.  

1 minute ago, Sacha Oropeza said:

I do recommend you to stay tuned on the GitHub since you'll get the very last update as soon as I release it. However you'll have to compile the .pbo yourself using PBO Manager v1.4, that's the only downside of it. 

Anyway, rest assured, I do publish a changelog everytime I do updates. Finally, if you want to follow the project, feel free to join the Discord server.  

Thanks! Will try and figure out how to do this, and hopefully if I have trouble someone on these forums can help me out!

Is there a way to filter servers in the server browser to find servers that support this mod? Any suggestions on servers ? 

On March 11, 2017 at 9:00 AM, Sacha Oropeza said:

Shifty.FR has looked into the rvmat error, he reworked the file but better ask him directly, he fixed the rvmat issue before this last update.

The 75% throttle issue is a bug which comes from A3, do you have the same issue with the AFM AH-9 (with gauges helper display) while being full collective up ? If so, you gotta rebind your axis to make it work, this is Arma sorcery. Make sure you fly the AH-64D with AFM, do not exceed the VNE (163kts IAS) otherwise the controls input efficiency will greatly loose. Also make sure you have the following settings to prevent weird bugs regarding the AFM altough it's written in french, you'll get it :

Fixed it, thanks!

On 11/03/2017 at 10:51 AM, Rich_R said:

Indeed, my bad on this one, the download link with the ready-to-go .pbo file doesn't have the prime.rvmat fix in it simply because I totally forgot to apply ShiftyFR's fix on my local setup as I'm usually the only one to work on the bird. That means I usually don't download the full GitHub setup when I do changes, which makes sense. However the GitHub master branch link has the fix within. I'll apply the fix on my local setup when I'll get back home by the end of the week.

On 3/12/2017 at 2:55 AM, xxgetbuck123 said:

Sooo thats why it doesn't work for me.. Dev Branch :( 

sad reacts only

Have you tried the most recent release on Dev? Is it still causing the crashes?

12 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Have you tried the most recent release on Dev? Is it still causing the crashes?

Yea just downloaded the latest from old mates ShiftyFR DL link above your post. Still froze when I spawn the asset into the 3den editor. 

JUST FYI - When I place the Apache down in eden, the game freezes for a moment but after 10 seconds or so, everything's fine.

4 hours ago, Rich_R said:

JUST FYI - When I place the Apache down in eden, the game freezes for a moment but after 10 seconds or so, everything's fine.

Same on Dev branch, except the freeze never stops-and it freezes the whole PC. You have to to a hard restart.

Anyway-I switched back to stable, so I'm gonna take her for a spin :D

• Like 1

This kind of Eden freeze also happens for me on some other mods I'm using, but not for the length of time experienced with the Apache. Regardless, once its in, it flies like a dream, especially I now have 100% throttle power available...........lol

Just tried the most recent version-some awesome changes happening there! I have to say, I think i preferred the weapon sounds from Sacha's earlier updates. They seem far too quiet and soft now, I miss the cannon hammering away. It sounded very realistic before. Also  the chopper is really really loud inside the cockpit. 

Otherwise everything is perfect-you guys are doing great work to improve on this fantastic bird.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

Just tried the most recent version-some awesome changes happening there! I have to say, I think i preferred the weapon sounds from Sacha's earlier updates. They seem far too quiet and soft now, I miss the cannon hammering away. It sounded very realistic before. Also  the chopper is really really loud inside the cockpit. 

Otherwise everything is perfect-you guys are doing great work to improve on this fantastic bird.

I had to go for other sounds mainly because, as far as I know (and I do hope I'm wrong here), there is just one sound used per weapon. That means people on the ground would hear the sound which is played from the cockpit = immersion breakdown so I had to go for more concessions here, by picking external sounds which are also used in the cockpit, but still sound good enough. I guess this is the same setup even for vanilla A3 aircrafts = just one sound for each kind of weapon.

The previous sounds set which is shown on one of my Youtube footage are still in the .pbo but those are simply not script called. I'm thinking about a way to get very disctinct sounds from 1st to 3rd person view upon shooting as I consider sounds one of the biggest immersion factor while in game.

Just now, Sacha Oropeza said:

I had to go for other sounds mainly because, as far as I know (and I do hope I'm wrong here), there is just one sound used per weapon. That means people on the ground would hear the sound which is played from the cockpit = immersion breakdown so I had to go for more concessions here, by picking external sounds which are also used in the cockpit, but still sound good enough. I guess this is the same setup even for vanilla A3 aircrafts = just one sound for each kind of weapon.

The previous sounds set which is shown on one of my Youtube footage are still in the .pbo but those are simply not script called. I'm thinking about a way to get very disctinct sounds from 1st to 3rd person view upon shooting as I consider sounds one of the biggest immersion factor while in game.

Ah i see. i only play SP, so I never considered what other people hear-just what i hear in the cockpit.