major_desync

Cfgpatches error on Makepbo step of PboProject

So - ever since Apex, I've been unable to pboproject my Sugar Lake map, which prior to that was working just fine. 

Before I updated to the subscription version of Mikeros tools, I was getting a weird layers error (documented here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187761-makepbo-crash-with-a-terrain-project/).

Since updating to the subscription version, I've been getting a different failure at the MakePbo step of the process - which looks like this in the outputs:

<lots of stuff snipped>

sugarlake_concrete.rvmat 
sugarlake_concrete_co.paa 
sugarlake_concrete_nopx.paa 
sugarlake_dirt.rvmat 
sugarlake_dirt_co.paa 
sugarlake_dirt_nopx.paa 
sugarlake_grass_green.rvmat 
sugarlake_grass_green_co.paa 
sugarlake_grass_green_nopx.paa 
sugarlake_marsh.rvmat 
sugarlake_marsh_co.paa 
sugarlake_marsh_nopx.paa 
sugarlake_mud.rvmat 
sugarlake_mud_co.paa 
sugarlake_mud_nopx.paa 
sugarlake_pic.paa 
sugarlake_seabed.rvmat 
sugarlake_seabed_co.paa 
sugarlake_seabed_nopx.paa 
s_satout_co.paa 
objects.txt : ignored or merged
readme.txt : ignored or merged
sugarlake.hpp : ignored or merged
sugarlake.wrp scanning wrp
 checking for missing files...
ERROR: \ca\structures\misc\config.cpp has no cfgPatches classr
The addon name for \ca\structures\misc\misc_gcontainer_big\misc_gcontainer_big.p3d cannot be determined
Looks like a problem in the wrp. gcontainer_big is those big blue garbage containers from Arma2. I've quite a few of them and I'd rather not delete them.  Now when I look in my Ca folder on the P: Drive, that p3d is there, along with the .p3d.dep, and a data folder with a bunch of PAAs, an icon folder,and the Misc_multi RVMAT. 

There is also a config file in the structures/Misc folder that reads: 

#define _ARMA_

//Class structures : Misc\config.bin{
//};
Anyone got an idea why this happening?

I do have Mikero's AIA2p exe, which I think might fix any issues with my Ca folder on the P: Drive, but I can't seem to get it working or find any help files about it. When I run it, I get the error:
syntax
aia2p location\of\your\@AIA\mod\folder
failed
Press any keyetc...

Anyone know how to get AIA2p running? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

u need to unrap the config in that folder, Ive switched to CUP and have encountered the same issues with many addons, u need to make sure the configs are unwrapped and put into the correct folder, some p3d's have been missed. What you can do is use the A2 sample models, put that p3d in your own addon and then update the map to refernce that.

• Like 1

firstly, your ca_misc config.cpp is wrong (being empty)

the *real* config contains

class CfgPatches
 {
  class CAMisc
  {

it is this class which identifies the pbo to the engine. pboProject will not continue if it knows lack of one will cause issues. (the reason for your first error above)

either:

provide the 'correct' config.cpp OR

delete that config.cpp altogether

(pboProject will then search backwards, find, and use, CAdata as the addon for that file\reference)

----

i am not aware of any issues with aIa2p (which is not to say there aren't any). However aia was brillian at the time (past tense) and you are 1000% better off using cup, which is also, and a2 drop in replacement, and is designed to replace AiA

• Like 1

So - I had to patch in a fixed Config to resolve the error. I also replaced all the AIA sourced objects (and configs) with their CUP counterparts, but I then hit the kind of missing files that Aus mentioned.

I think I've fixed that, but am now stalled because the new BIS Binarize appears to be borked. Getting there though   :rolleyes: - thanks again! 

Update: Actually the "missing" files issue was not fixed - the offenders being garbage_metal, powgen_big and shooting_range_acr. The p3ds for all of these are present in my Ca folder on P:/, and had all the correct paths in TB, however no joy for whatever reason. In the end - I just removed the objects from the terrain. Not ideal, but it works.

So I've had a recurrence of this problem when trying to update Gorgona. Similar issue - MakePbo reports missing files that are very much present in the A3 folder on P. And these are not new objects. They've been in Gorgona since version 1, but now are throwing up errors. Deleting them is the easy fix, but I really don't want to do that. Is there a way to get these objects working again?

Output:

<snipped..>

s_satout_co.paa 
gorgona.hpp : ignored or merged
gorgona.wrp scanning wrp
 checking for missing files...
 checking land_xx...
   missing land_target_popup_large_f:house
   missing land_target_popup_f:house

yes. that error msg is admittedly a little misleading unless you read it carefully (I will reword it on next release)

what it is complaining about is that the p3d has geolod class=house and bis binarise (not pboPro) was unable to find a corresponding

class land_nameOfP3d

unlike arma2 (which prolly also needed it), arma3 insists that any and all p3d's with geolod class=house have  a corresponding land_class in a config.cpp some\where

the some\where is literal, it can be  any\where\  in one of the pbos making up the game (not necessarily THE pbo that contains the p3d)

binarise spends most of it's processing time in a desperate hunt to find it.

either:

• the land class genuinely does not exist (in which case make one) or
  • you didn't tell bis binarise (via pboPro) where it could find it. (look in setup->island builds only)

The cup team are aware of these issues and this requirement. To the best of my knowledge they are fixing thier config.cpp's accordingly. as and when they discover a problem.

further reading: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/The_Land_xx_class

Cool - thanks for the explanation!

I'm 99.999% certain I've pointed PboProject at the right place, so I think the land class is missing. I had a go at making one, but I was kind of fumbling around in the dark, and it didn't work. Will have another go armed with this information. It's always helpful to know you're going in roughly the right direction. 

The weird thing is - in this case, all the objects are A3 - so, while I had CUP issues before, this time it can't be CUP. Strange indeed. :) 

Cheers!

>The weird thing is - in this case, all the objects are A3 - so, while I had CUP issues before, this time it can't be CUP. Strange indeed. :)

then it's up to bis to get their act together, they make the rules.

• Like 1

i been having huge issues in the last few days with this problem, I have checked and the class is present in either the geolod OR the frst res lod (if the object had no geolod.) The only way around it I founf was to export the objects location then rename it and then update the exported file with the new objects name then reimport. In all occasions Ive checked that the Land_ is present in the config 

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip, Aus!

So to be clear, is this your process?

1: Export objects from TB to object export file.

2: Rename the problem objects in the config (do you have an example you could share?)

3: Rename the problem objects in the object export file to match. 

4: Reimport the updated object export file

they p3d's were objects I had made, as I am using an arma 2 pew imported to TB I must also update TB with the new p3d file name. then do the import.

• Like 1

I only check geolods. The lack of one, in my code means, effectively, there is no class=, hence there is no problem. I don't intend changing that even tho you are correct Auss.

Also folks, be aware that dep3d allows you to change the geolod properties of any p3d. This may save you agony.

And finally, i have changed pboProject for you folks so that if you build a pbo with a *pre-binarised* wrp coming directly out of arma2, these checks are disabled. The check now, only applies if you create an arma3 wrp.

This change is wrong, in the sense that the engine insists on land classes, but there is a point where common sense has to apply.

• Like 2

Mikero btw I'd like to thank you very much for the toolsets you've written and provided the community, they are simply wonderful mate.

• Like 2

I felt that this was kind of related so i would post this here. When i'm crunching the map it spits this out and fails to make the map. I know that people have used the arma 3 custom buildings on their maps and it works fine but it wont on mine.

This is my manual scan thing. "P:\a3,P:\ca,P:\E76_buildings,P:\E76_Objects,P:\E76_roads,P:\mm_residential\Residential_A,P:\mm_residential2"

In File \mm_residential\residential_a\config.bin: invalid file
ERROR: \mm_residential\residential_a\config.bin is faulty
The addon name for \mm_residential\residential_a\house_l\housea1_l.p3d cannot be determined

"In File \mm_residential\residential_a\config.bin: invalid file"

the file should be a config.cpp,

For a start try using Eliteness to debinarise (unrap) it.

or use extractpbo which will automatically convert it.