mac d

Please help the newbie, can't get NPC's to get in to heli and LAV's to move

After years of playing scenarios and missions made by others, I'm trying to make one myself :P
Only I'm having some trouble getting NPC's to do what ther told.

Here's the situation :
I'm using ARMA 3 integraded 3D editor, CUP Terrain,Verhicles etc, RHS Escalation and US Marine's mod

There's a helicopter placed on a LHD and I want 3 fire teams to get in to that helicopter.
Only there not doing it, there just running around like... well you're normal marine
I've tried given the fireteams a get in order : doesn't work
Tried  a load order from the helicopter together with a get in order for the fireteams : again not working.

(A instruction video on YouTube says you have to synch these 2 orders put for one reason or another that ain't possible)

Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong ?

Second :
There are 3 AAVP7A1,loaded with fire squads (all NPC)  in the water beside the LHD's, I want them to move to the beach but the're not responding to the move order at all.

I've got 4 AH1Z taking of, moving to the beach and firing without trouble but I can't get the AAVP7A1's to move.

Last question :
How do you give a NPC a patrol order ?
I've bin looking on the internet but I can't find how it's done in ARMA 3 3D Editor

First, Give units a getin waypoint, give the helicopter a load waypoint, syncronised them. That should work if the LHD isnt bugged (Which it probably is)

2nd is probably armas piss poor AI at it again.

3rd, you must create a patrol for a unit and then they will do it. use a few move waypoints, and make the last waypoint a cycle waypoint. That will create a loop the AI will patrol.

My recommendation is slowing down and getting the basics down first.

Good luck

Didn't try it yet, but giving units placed on walkable objects waypoints seems to mess with their pathfinding.

Last time I tried this with the nimitz, resulting in AI jumping off deck.

Cheers

First, Give units a getin waypoint, give the helicopter a load waypoint, syncronised them. That should work if the LHD isnt bugged (Which it probably is)

2nd is probably armas piss poor AI at it again.

3rd, you must create a patrol for a unit and then they will do it. use a few move waypoints, and make the last waypoint a cycle waypoint. That will create a loop the AI will patrol.

My recommendation is slowing down and getting the basics down first.

Good luck

If tried that placing a load waypoint , a get in waypoint and synching them, it was only possible with a trigger.
For fetting the teams out of the helicopter on main land it works like a charm, but it ain't working on the LHD.
Like Grumpy Old Man said, the teams start jumping overboard straight away.

It's probably like you said, the LHD in the CUP mod is still bugged.

Didn't try it yet, but giving units placed on walkable objects waypoints seems to mess with their pathfinding.

Last time I tried this with the nimitz, resulting in AI jumping off deck.

Cheers

Jep, that's exactly what happen here to... 

I'll give it a try :)
How do you use these commands ?, you can just put am in init ?

The teams will enter the helicopter just fine when the teams and the helo are on solid land.
Heli load command, trigger and synch to load, team get in command and synch this on to with trigger, work like a charm

Only not so much when the helo and teams are placed on a LHD.
So it looks like the LHD is bugged :(

In the init for the leader of the group you want in the helo use this: 

{_x moveincargo helo} foreach units group this;

Will put each soldier in for the group you selected.