BroBeans.

Australian Special Forces Equipment - Release

810e73eab5.pngdd60a0569d.png2f1eda80aa.png

Australian Special Forces Equipment

by

BroBeans

Description:
A mix of different gear and uniforms to allow users to create interpretations of Australian Operators. 

Features:
- Vests
- Uniforms
  - AMCU
  - AMCU w/ Tan/Green/Black/Grey Shirts
- Backpacks

Classnames
//Uniforms
ASF_AMCU
ASF_AMCU_Tan
ASF_AMCU_Green
ASF_AMCU_Black
ASF_AMCU_Grey

//Vests
ASF_Vest_MC_Pouchless
ASF_Vest_Tan_Pouchless
ASF_Vest_Tan_TL
ASF_Vest_Tan_Op
ASF_Vest_Tan_Wep
ASF_Vest_Tan_Med
ASF_Vest_Tan_Comms
ASF_Vest_Blk_Pouchless
ASF_Vest_Blk_TL
ASF_Vest_Blk_Op
ASF_Vest_Blk_Wep
ASF_Vest_Blk_Med
ASF_Vest_Blk_Comms
ASF_Vest_Grn_Pouchless
ASF_Vest_Grn_TK
ASF_Vest_Grn_Op
ASF_Vest_Grn_Wep
ASF_Vest_Grn_Med
ASF_Vest_Grn_Comms

//Backpacks
ASF_Compact_Tan
ASF_Compact_Grn
ASF_Compact_Blk

Installation:
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/@your_mod_folder_name

You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
mydocuments\Arma3 Alpha\@your_mod_folder_name\

You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
-mod=@mod_name;@mod_name2;@mod_name3;@mod_name4;@mod_name5

Note:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.

And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!

When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.

Included files:
ASF_Vests.pbo
ASF_Core.pbo
ASF_Uniforms.pbo
ASF_Backpacks.pbo
Keys to match.
Server Key

Change log:
v.1.20
   - Reworked AMCU Pattern (Once Again)
   - Added Massif variants
   - Added AMCU Assault Pack
   - Added AMCU Tortilla Pack
   - Added DPCU/DPDU Variants
v1.11
   - Reworked AMCU Pattern
   - Removed TFAR backpacks until I rework camos
v1.01
   - Fixed copyright issues. 
v1.0 
   - Initial Release

Credits & Thanks:
Cunico - Vests and various vest textures
And of course we wouldn't be anywhere without:
- BIS
- Armaholic

news_donwload_oa_4.png

Required Addons

• Like 4

Any plans for more uniform combinations, like AMCU/DPCU mix?

Shoot you're ideas, If it looks good i'm happy to work on it.

Looks great mate.

Its great to see the Australian armed forces represented, considering ADF Uncut is pretty dead in the water it's great to see Australian assets.

• Like 1

There is a pouchless multicam lbt. Is that means you will release multicam vests on future updates?

• Like 1

Looks great mate.

Its great to see the Australian armed forces represented, considering ADF Uncut is pretty dead in the water it's great to see Australian assets.

Cheers bud. :) 

It's what attracted me to start developing Aussie units, ADF Uncut seemed to just fall away. However I will highly recommend this pack as a substitute. Its a more broad pack of ADF units then this one of mine. 

There is a pouchless multicam lbt. Is that means you will release multicam vests on future updates?

It's very possible, I've yet to see how the MC vest blends with the AMCU, and if it doesn't I'll probably work a MC camo uniform.

• Like 1

Shoot you're ideas, If it looks good i'm happy to work on it.

Yeah, it's just that I recall seeing an ArmA 2 SASR/ASF addon that had DPCU/DPDU mix and match clothing and equipment, and it'd be something that I'd love to see in ArmA 3. And I also recall seeing a guy with an AirFrame mod for A3; perhaps you can get in touch with him and see if you can use it with some Aussie textures, since I've seen that the Crye Airframe helmet is in use with the SASR and Commandos.

EDIT - Found the picture in question:

e7f0d601bc4de443e158db948c38c0f8.png

• Like 1

Yeah, it's just that I recall seeing an ArmA 2 SASR/ASF addon that had DPCU/DPDU mix and match clothing and equipment, and it'd be something that I'd love to see in ArmA 3. And I also recall seeing a guy with an AirFrame mod for A3; perhaps you can get in touch with him and see if you can use it with some Aussie textures, since I've seen that the Crye Airframe helmet is in use with the SASR and Commandos.

EDIT - Found the picture in question:

e7f0d601bc4de443e158db948c38c0f8.png

I'll try some mix and matches and post up some screens :) 

As for the Airframe, is that the Crye JPC & Airframe mod? I'll give it a shot aswell :)

• Like 1

First mockup using the indo uniform, kind of like it more than the Crye for special forces.

What do you think?

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Also i've been mucking around with the camo again and experimenting with different heightmaps. Opinions on these please?

Basically pick a or b :) 

Any and all comments are encouraged. I enjoy hearing others' opinions

a for ind. uniform and b for crye

• Like 1

Some new looks which should make it into the next update :)

wow fantastic stuff! Good to see ADF related content coming into ArmA again as (like everyone else seems to agree on) ADF Uncut is pretty dead.

Keep up the good work mate, foresee communities switching to these uniforms in the near future shall it develop further.

Tiny request, and would be willing to work with you on this if requested as I have an decent knowledge on doing re-skins. I think a snowy variant of a selection of these would be nice. Understandably the real world ADF doesn't have a huge involvement in these regions, it would be a nice addition none the less.

wow fantastic stuff! Good to see ADF related content coming into ArmA again as (like everyone else seems to agree on) ADF Uncut is pretty dead.

Keep up the good work mate, foresee switching my community to these uniforms in the near future shall it develop further.

Tiny request, and would be willing to work with you on this if requested as I have an decent knowledge on doing re-skins. I think a snowy variant of a selection of these would be nice. Understandably the real world ADF doesn't have a huge involvement in these regions, it would be a nice addition none the less.

Feel free to suggest some camo patterns you like the look of and I can do some mock ups. Also, if you do decide to make a reskin yourself I'm happy to help out and include it

And also, like i said in an earlier post. check this new pack out. Could be a replacement if you're still using ADF Uncut or looking to upgrade. Its more focused on ADF as a whole instead of just SF. 

I'll try some mix and matches and post up some screens :)

As for the Airframe, is that the Crye JPC & Airframe mod? I'll give it a shot aswell :)

Yes, that would be the one! Hell, I'm pretty sure that the SASR and Commandos wear the JPCs from time to time.

And as for height maps and uniform styles, there's nothing stopping you from offering the Massif combat uniform AND the Crye Combat uniform together in the same pack (nothing like some variety). I prefer the colouration on Crye variant A though, as the camo has that extra bit of contrast to it. What original camouflage plate are you using?

Yes, that would be the one! Hell, I'm pretty sure that the SASR and Commandos wear the JPCs from time to time.

And as for height maps and uniform styles, there's nothing stopping you from offering the Massif combat uniform AND the Crye Combat uniform together in the same pack (nothing like some variety). I prefer the colouration on Crye variant A though, as the camo has that extra bit of contrast to it. What original camouflage plate are you using?

They will be coupled together in the next update. 

Maybe I'll add the Crye A as an alternate for a few of them. As the (b) suits a bit more for arid terrain.

They will be coupled together in the next update. 

Maybe I'll add the Crye A as an alternate for a few of them. As the ( B) suits a bit more for arid terrain.

Looking forward to it then! AMCU-A with DPDU and AMCU-B with DPCU, perhaps? I know some soldiers (all over the world) will deliberately fade their uniforms to make them more effective in arid conditions.

Looking forward to it then! AMCU-A with DPDU and AMCU-B with DPCU, perhaps? I know some soldiers (all over the world) will deliberately fade their uniforms to make them more effective in arid conditions.

Crye or Cargos? 

Crye or Cargos?

I don't quite follow... Which uniform type should you fade?

I don't quite follow... Which uniform type should you fade?

with the DPCU and DPDU tops? :P 

I've done them in cargos and it looks pretty nice. 

with the DPCU and DPDU tops? :P 

I've done them in cargos and it looks pretty nice.

Maybe just the desert ones? In both Massif/cargo and the Cryes. And I'd add full Auscam as well as Auscam pants/solid shirt versions like you did for the AMCU, just to round them off.

• Like 1

Fantastic work Brobeans

You stole someone else's Hard work to make yourself look good..

The AMCU pattern you used from My ASOR Textures is clear as day. The camo pattern was hand crafted by myself and i have all the original base pallets to prove it.

Also proof that you cut pasted my pattern .     http://s31.postimg.org/8kvnahqzf/COPYCAT.jpg

I spotted it straight away.

Somewhat pathetic on your behalf don't you think?

FYI My Pattern is not authentic AMCU it is a representation as close as i could make at the time.

I would ask that this be rectified promptly and taken down as you have no right to use my work and take any credit with out my permission.

• Like 2

Fantastic work Brobeans

You stole someone else's Hard work to make yourself look good..

The AMCU pattern you used from My ASOR Textures is clear as day. The camo pattern was hand crafted by myself and i have all the original base pallets to prove it.

Also proof that you cut pasted my pattern .     http://s31.postimg.org/8kvnahqzf/COPYCAT.jpg

I spotted it straight away.

Somewhat pathetic on your behalf don't you think?

FYI My Pattern is not authentic AMCU it is a representation as close as i could make at the time.

I would ask that this be rectified promptly and taken down as you have no right to use my work and take any credit with out my permission.

First I've heard of an ASOR textures pack, mate. And I'd suggest you take this to direct comms and not 'name-and-shame' until it is 100% proven he's copied your work. For all you know, the pattern may have been leaked somewhere and this guy happened to find and use it without knowing exactly where it came from. Shit like that happens.