metalcraze

New lighting for CUP terrains

NEW LIGHTING FOR CUP TERRAINS (version 1.02 29/04/16)

WARNING!! This is a port of a current 1.59/dev-branch lighting to CUP terrains.
It's intended to get the new lighting model "right here and now" and will contain bugs.

DOWNLOAD:

Google Drive (version 1.02)

Armaholic

playWithSix

Requirements:

- CUP Terrains
- Dev-branch 1.59
- Standard HDR setting in video options

CHANGELOG:

version 1.02 (29/04/2016):

- changed to per-island lighting config:
    should avoid compatibility issues with most non-CUP islands, they should use vanilla/their own lighting now
- slightly tweaked HDR parameters for darker tones (hopefully better shadows/less whiteness now)
- added NVG fix from latest dev-branch HDR settings

version 1.01 (14/04/16):
- added support for SMD Sahrani (A3), Isla Duala (A3), Panthera (A3), Lingor (A3), N'Ziwasogo
- fixed compatibility issues with Namalsk (A3), Abramia

version 1.00 (13/04/16):
- port of 1.59 visual update to all CUP terrains

Screenshots:

685DD80629731554581C85FBCCA6878053897597

9C40AD04735861BCED184135B0FFCE19435605D8

0648D887263823A0EF3ABA8FCF0279E3A2048945

B034F26B7F635046ACDCC1CD2A5588437919597F

1909AEBC984808DF1C10B69D93712DD8D1567D9E

• Like 15

Sorry to say but this looks pretty bad in Chernarus without much clouds. Way too bright. Seems like more than quick dirty config tweak is needed for that at least. I can get the default one look good but this I can't even a lot of settings tweaking.

Takistan looks nice and I can use the same settings as in Stratis.

• Like 1

BIS is most likely going to tweak it further so doing in-depth changes now may turn out to be pointless. I will probably tweak it more extensively per island as improved lighting will get more finalized by BIS

• Like 3

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey metalcraze , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

So the upcoming visual update won't effect third party terrains, only the 3 Bi ones?

Right now BIS defines lighting tweaks per separate island configs, which leaves all other islands untouched (unless they inherit config from Stratus/Altis). My bet is when visual update leaves WIP phase they will move it to a global island config. In fact my config does exactly that - so non-CUP islands MAY get the update if you'll use it with them

@metalcraze would you like to share your work with cup eventually? Since no one is currently working on this in the team, your contribution would be much appritiated ;) Feel free to join us on discord - https://discord.gg/0WqE6NaD5yI7kHel

Thanks for the invitation. Sure will be happy to share.

I feel that everyday A3 becomes in a very artistic/realistic milsim-game, we will Have Problems in focus to shoot or take a couple of pictures ... xD :wub:

Could you make a tweak for SMD Sharani please? Would love to see this beauty with HDR, beautiful lighting etc (just need to copy your work from CUP Sharani to SMD, no ?)

I will check both SMD Sahrani and Namalsk tomorrow. Also it's BIS' work, I'm just porting :)

• Like 2

I will check both SMD Sahrani and Namalsk tomorrow. Also it's BIS' work, I'm just porting :)

its actually on most maps that are like Nziswasgo, Rura penthe, Icebreakrs maps

I would presume you place this pbo in the core addon?

Definitly not. Mixing PBOs from different AddOns in the same folder is a very bad practise. Always have such stuff loaded from different folders.

A big share of bug reports and complains we receive are because people just copy pbos around.

@metalcraze

When you have joined our Discord, drop me a message please ;)

• Like 2

Great to see Someone working on Sharani :) if you can, try to check if the clouds are working properly on SMD on your computer / if you are able to fix them

Update 1.01 (14/04/16)

- added support for SMD Sahrani (A3), Isla Duala (A3), Panthera (A3), Lingor (A3), N'Ziwasogo
- fixed compatibility issues with Namalsk (A3), Abramia

C3AD92C2C5934306B26B66F7116401CE83C25C30

• Like 10

Definitly not. Mixing PBOs from different AddOns in the same folder is a very bad practise. Always have such stuff loaded from different folders.

A big share of bug reports and complains we receive are because people just copy pbos around.

@metalcraze

When you have joined our Discord, drop me a message please ;)

Thanks for that, I'll move it to a separate @Mystuff addon folder