ArmaFiend

Eden Composition spawning live

Is there a way, currently or planned, to spawn a .sqe composition in a live mission? For example: a trigger, which when activated, runs a "spawn sqe composition " function or script.

I believe this is useful for mission design as we can create a composition in mission dynamically and expand the variability of a mission based off rules for which composition to spawn under some event or context.

I also would like this kind of feature. A script command like ArmaFiend says, where you can specify name of the composition, position to spawn in, the direction in which to spawn in etc.

I also would like this kind of feature. A script command like ArmaFiend says, where you can specify name of the composition, position to spawn in, the direction in which to spawn in etc.

Perhaps a tie in module with strategic map missions would be cool too.

I did get a response on r/arma, the current project scope is implementation and steam workshop integration.

I have faith we will see more functionality after these 2 basic requirements are met and completed with testing. Arma developers are the shit.

Perhaps a tie in module with strategic map missions would be cool too.

I did get a response on r/arma, the current project scope is implementation and steam workshop integration.

I have faith we will see more functionality after these 2 basic requirements are met and completed with testing. Arma developers are the shit.

So funny you should mention the strategic map, I'm working on a Side mission script, involving just that. And I came looking for a way to easily spawn pre-defined compositions. Would be fantastic if that was implemented.

That would be indeed very usefull, for instance in order to easily create random missions with various nice enemy camps.

I already found a way to do that by using "objectsgrabber" and "objectsmapper" functions but the second does not spawn objects on not-flat surfaces as well as the create3DENComposition command does.

You can try it by yourself :

village = [
	["Land_CampingChair_V2_F",[-3.125,-4.18262,0],89.9197,1,0,[0,0],"","",true,false], 
	["Land_CampingTable_small_F",[-3.85107,-4.00415,0],283.939,1,0,[0,0],"","",true,false], 
	["Land_u_House_Small_02_V1_F",[9.12793,-2.75366,0],0,1,0,[0,0],"","",true,false], 
	["Flag_AAF_F",[-7.19678,-3.18799,0],0,1,0,[0,0],"","",true,false], 
	["Land_u_Addon_01_V1_F",[-5.39795,3.39844,0],0,1,0,[0,0],"","",true,false], 
	["Land_d_Stone_Shed_V1_F",[6.75781,9.11743,0],295.843,1,0,[0,0],"","",true,false], 
	["Land_d_Stone_HouseBig_V1_F",[-5.59326,10.707,0],180.682,1,0,[0,0],"","",true,false]
];
camp = [
	["Land_TentA_F",[3.95117,2.26172,0],228.268,1,0,[0,0],"","",true,false], 
	["Land_Bench_F",[5.43994,5.88818,0],20.544,1,0,[0,0],"","",true,false], 
	["Land_TentA_F",[8.33569,1.64258,2.09808e-005],152.962,1,0,[0,-0],"","",true,false], 
	["Land_House_Small_03_V1_ruins_F",[3.25366,-8.27295,-3.8147e-006],0,1,0,[0,0],"","",true,false], 
	["Land_Campfire_F",[7.17798,5.44971,0.0299988],0,1,0,[0,0],"","",true,false], 
	["Land_Unfinished_Building_02_ruins_F",[-6.8811,5.83887,0],0,1,0,[0,0],"","",true,false], 
	["Land_TentDome_F",[4.65991,9.11426,0],230.426,1,0,[0,0],"","",true,false], 
	["Land_LifeguardTower_01_F",[-9.57129,-5.90234,0],57.1488,1,0,[0,0],"","",true,false]
];
ArrayBases = [village,camp];
camprandom = selectrandom ArrayBases;

bleep = [[3535.7,5903.78,0],(random 360),camprandom] call BIS_fnc_ObjectsMapper;

That would be indeed very usefull, for instance in order to easily create random missions with various nice enemy camps.

I already find a way to do that by using "objectsgrabber" and "objectsmapper" functions but the second does not spawn objects on not-flat surfaces as well as the create3DENComposition command does.

I use this method at the moment too and was excited to see the new compositions, until I realised...I don't know a way to spawn them on the fly :(

I would love a way to do so.

Is there a way, currently or planned, to spawn a .sqe composition in a live mission? For example: a trigger, which when activated, runs a "spawn sqe composition " function or script.

I believe this is useful for mission design as we can create a composition in mission dynamically and expand the variability of a mission based off rules for which composition to spawn under some event or context.

But then they should make compositions being part of mission itself as anyone playing the mission who won't have this compositions will get "Not found error".

But then they should make compositions being part of mission itself as anyone playing the mission who won't have this compositions will get "Not found error".

Exactly, but that's also a feature I would very much appreciate - it would allow others to easily edit my mission (re-using the compositions) without me having to provide compositions separately, with instructions where to extract them (user profile).

I know there's a planned steam workshop support for hosting compositions, but steam workshop is not the only way to distribute missions. :(

Well, at the moment the loading and saving is handled with the engine based command do3DENAction which does not work outside eden.

I'm currently working on an addon for Zeus which includes spawning/saving custom compositions (currently stored in profile namespace).

I see a great potential in using SQE files instead and therefore I hope it will be implemented.

• Like 4

Has anyone heard any News regarding progress in this area? I though for sure this would have made it into stable-branch by now.

I would LOVE to be able to spawn/script in custom Eden Compositions "on-the-fly" or "live" as you call it. I've been looking for the last three hours for info on this. And nothing.........

So all we have currently is the "email your composition files" option? Grrrrrr. Anyone have fresh leads or good work-arounds for now? Ideas?

Note - I'm already aware of objectMapper and objectGrabber and already use them - but the FULL functionality of Eden Compositions with ALL AXIS, Elevation, Pitch, etc support would ROCK!!!

Can we just pack our .sqe file into a config and spawn them in that way perhaps?

I tried finding a way to import SQE directly with extensions, but I failed. I won't work with extensions anymore. They caused too much troubles to me lately.

It would definitly be possible to include them in a config, but you still have to write a function that extracts the data from the config and spawns them.

In this case I recommend structuring your config by defining appropriate parent classes (e.g. missionConfigFile >> "CustomCompositions" >> "MyFirstComposition" >> ...SQE file content...)

I did not test it yet, but it should work, since SQE files have the same syntax as the config file.

Has anyone heard any News regarding progress in this area? I though for sure this would have made it into stable-branch by now.

I would LOVE to be able to spawn/script in custom Eden Compositions "on-the-fly" or "live" as you call it. I've been looking for the last three hours for info on this. And nothing.........

So all we have currently is the "email your composition files" option? Grrrrrr. Anyone have fresh leads or good work-arounds for now? Ideas?

Note - I'm already aware of objectMapper and objectGrabber and already use them - but the FULL functionality of Eden Compositions with ALL AXIS, Elevation, Pitch, etc support would ROCK!!!

Can we just pack our .sqe file into a config and spawn them in that way perhaps?

Hi, a late response. I was re-reading that topic. For your last question :

1/ Use this to get the compo code (code will be different from .sqe) :

compo_center = [4669.51,2821.82,0];
bleep = [compo_center,(compo_center nearObjects 100)] call BIS_fnc_exportCfgGroups;

(you'll need to adapt it for your needs)

2/ Create an addon with CfgGroups.

For instance :

class CfgGroups
{
    class Empty {
        name = "Compositions";
        side = 8;
        class CPC_compo {
            name = "CPC";
            class CPC_compo_civil {
                name = "Civils";
                class CPC_compo_civil_ferme1 {
                    name = "Ferme (Altis)";
                    side = 8;
                    icon = "\a3\Ui_f\data\Map\VehicleIcons\iconVehicle_ca.paa";
                    class Object0 {
                        side = 8;
                        vehicle = "Land_CampingChair_V2_F";
                        rank = "";
                        position[] = {-3.125,-4.18262,0};
                        dir = 89.9197;
                    };
                    class Object1 {
                        side = 8;
                        vehicle = "Land_CampingTable_small_F";
                        rank = "";
                        position[] = {-3.85107,-4.00415,0};
                        dir = 283.939;
                    };
                    class Object2 {
                        side = 8;
                        vehicle = "Land_u_House_Small_02_V1_F";
                        rank = "";
                        position[] = {9.12793,-2.75366,0};
                        dir = 0;
                    };
                    class Object3 {
                        side = 8;
                        vehicle = "Flag_AAF_F";
                        rank = "";
                        position[] = {-7.19678,-3.18799,0};
                        dir = 0;
                    };
                    class Object4 {
                        side = 8;
                        vehicle = "Land_u_Addon_01_V1_F";
                        rank = "";
                        position[] = {-5.39795,3.39844,0};
                        dir = 0;
                    };
                    class Object5 {
                        side = 8;
                        vehicle = "Land_d_Stone_Shed_V1_F";
                        rank = "";
                        position[] = {6.75781,9.11743,0};
                        dir = 295.843;
                    };
                    class Object6 {
                        side = 8;
                        vehicle = "Land_d_Stone_HouseBig_V1_F";
                        rank = "";
                        position[] = {-5.59326,10.707,0};
                        dir = 180.682;
                    };
                };
            };
        };
    };
};

3/ Take inspiration form this in order to spawn the composition :

https://github.com/Sparfell/Cache_cash/blob/master/CPC-COM%5B18%5D-Cache_cash-V16.Altis/spawn/Spawn_Camp.sqf

EDIT : If any dev reads me : Ability to include CfgGroups in Description.ext would be a solid solution to this but I have no idea if this is feasible.