These models look amazing!  I was sad to see you guys drop the WW2 thing but pleasantly surprised to finally get a Korean war mod going.  Also, no one remembers that OFP mod, I'm pretty sure it never was playable.  I got just about everything to work but don't remember ever getting Korea in this series.  Thank you for giving it a go.  Please send me a link where I can donate to the project.

These models look amazing!  I was sad to see you guys drop the WW2 thing but pleasantly surprised to finally get a Korean war mod going.  Also, no one remembers that OFP mod, I'm pretty sure it never was playable.  I got just about everything to work but don't remember ever getting Korea in this series.  Thank you for giving it a go.  Please send me a link where I can donate to the project.

There are plenty who remember the OFP mod ;) and what was released was certainly playable. We have come on leaps and bounds since the days of OFP. This Korean mod is certainly shaping up and i look forward to playing it in Arma3. 

Thanks a mill for the kind words!  We're not taking donations at the moment (and probably never will) because we're a small enough team who wouldn't put them to any kind of good use

• Like 1

Hey there, here's some early WIP screenshot of uniform i'm in charge of making. Still trying to learn and figure out, how this damn software works, so it's nothing special, but you can see a bit of what to expect. :D

1o8RKov.png

• Like 6

Hey there, here's some early WIP screenshot of uniform i'm in charge of making. Still trying to learn and figure out, how this damn software works, so it's nothing special, but you can see a bit of what to expect. :D

1o8RKov.png

is that marvelous designer?

• Like 1

is that marvelous designer?

Yep it is, in the end doesn't really do much job i expected, or i'm just too inexperienced to understand it, so if you or anyone actually knows more of it, i'll be glad for some advice, especially taking it to Zbrush later is causing my madness. :D

the textures and normal mapping looks damn realistic, good job @n_icomach

Heres a little riddle for you guys
What looks like a Gewehr 88,
But is not from Europe.
What uses a 7.92x57mm Mauser,
but is not produced by Mauser.

Heres a little riddle for you guys :3

What looks like a Gewehr 88,

But is not from Europe.

What uses a 7.92x57mm Mauser,

but is not produced by Mauser.

(Hint: The original name of the manufacturer was the Hubei Arsenal)

h1FI2zc.pngI didnt even know this rifle existed before doing research on the war, so if any of you know its name, congratulations in advance :3 - Welsh

It's one of the knockoff German rifles produced during the period of Sino-German cooperation before 1940, right?

Very good Hate! I had not even heard of the cooperation before. But yes, you are correct, my current project is the Hanyang 88 Rifle for the Chinese communist forces

i was warding if the Australian and NZ forces will be in the mod at a latter data, they played a big part in the war and the famous actions at the Battle of Kapyong and First Battle of Maryang San

The team will focus on the so called "main players" first, so that being the Americans, South Koreans and British for the UN forces
The North Koreans and Chinese for the Communist forces
But, I can agree, from the very start, since beginning this mod, in our plans,
the owen gun has been somewhere hidden away

Spent all day trying to fix the dodgy springfield bolt, but I suppose this will have to do instead....

IBjOuWW.jpgmMS10Gj.jpgvbQ7t7s.jpgPlease note, the rvmat seems to have decided it doesn't want to work here, I should have that fixed tomorrow and maybe some cleaner textures, and then I'll have some proper beauty screens to show yee :D

• Like 1

The rust needs to be toned down a lot, unless your planning to have different variants e.g clean,rusted,worn, other than that the model itself looks good :)

• Like 1

The rust needs to be toned down a lot, unless your planning to have different variants e.g clean,rusted,worn, other than that the model itself looks good :)

Yep I was going to say the same thing, the gun looks a bit too rusty. Other than that it looks really beautiful.

Yep I was going to say the same thing, the gun looks a bit too rusty. Other than that it looks really beautiful.

Yeah, the rust is a little extreme, but I think the bigger issue here is that the rvmat, and therefore the normal map, didn't apply for some reason...

Meh at the end of the day its a type 99, which correct me if i'm wrong the community didn't have before you made a crack at it. So like texture stuff aside, well done on the model, must have taken a while  :)