Sign in to follow this  
oxmox

Super Rich discover risks of Instagram snaps

Yachts, jets and stacks of cash: super-rich discover risks of Instagram snaps

From selfies on super-yachts to posing with private jets, the young heirs of the uber-wealthy have attracted worldwide envy and derision by flaunting their lavish lifestyles on social media.

But these self-styled rich kids of Instagram are, often unwittingly, revealing their parents’ hidden assets and covert business dealings, providing evidence for investigators to freeze or seize assets worth tens of millions of pounds, and for criminals to defraud their families.

1080.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

The growing significance of social media in litigation was recently illustrated by rapper 50 Cent, who was ordered by a Connecticut court last month to explain a photo on Instagram in which he posed with stacks of $100 bills that spelled out “brokeâ€, months after filing for bankruptcy. The rapper claimed the money was fake.

5753.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Their opponent in one asset recovery case claimed to have no significant valuables – until investigators found a social media post by one of his children that revealed they were on his $25m yacht in the Bahamas.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/apr/03/super-rich-discover-hidden-risks-instagram-yachts-jets

Fools' gold: super-rich Instagram decoded

Investigators have been using the social media output of the Rich Kids of Instagram as a starting point for enquiries. So what can we learn from these endless shots of champagne and swimming pools?

It’s hard to think of news sweeter than reports about how the “rich kids of Instagram†– the preening, materialistic, status-obsessed douchebags whose self-awareness is so profoundly lacking that they have inadvertently become their own meme – are inadvertently ruining their parents’ lives.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/apr/04/fools-gold-rich-kids-of-instagram-decoded-investigators-social-media

And that is why I don't use social media.Nobody is taking my yacht away! I'm actually lying...I don't have a yacht   :(

And that is why I don't use social media.Nobody is taking my yacht away! I'm actually lying...I don't have a yacht   :(

there is hope....start collecting bottles naaoow lol :D

2sn79cfg.jpg

Others have a damn floating Island just from bottles....wtf :o

• Like 4