-ben-

[WIP] Terrain "Tembelan Island"

Oh this looks very cool! I love the layout of the island, looking forward to running around there.

So apparently between the hours of 11pm to 3am are a good time to do things. 

8wWjneH.jpgJ0yszLD.jpghdAS7Bi.jpgVgk3eED.jpgYbWQSYq.jpgqzto9bI.jpg

• Like 12

i hope the AI can pathfind it well x3

Planning on experimenting with putting "pathway" type roads underneath the pavements in the alleyways for AI to follow. 

• Like 2

Love the micro-terrain and locations of this map, like that mining complex, and your mention of AI pathways makes be think if are there plans for ALiVE compatibility for the island sometime in the future? 

Love the micro-terrain and locations of this map, like that mining complex, and your mention of AI pathways makes be think if are there plans for ALiVE compatibility for the island sometime in the future? 

Yes. Even if i don't end up doing it myself, someone in the ALiVE community will probably end up doing it.

• Like 2

Will you bring in any Tanoa vegetation and buildings now that Apex is here?

Looks very interesting so far!

Will you bring in any Tanoa vegetation and buildings now that Apex is here?

Looks very interesting so far!

The Apex assets are not "readily" available to the community yet. There are ways to get around this and use things like the vegitation, in the way that The Unsung Mod has. However Seen as this project was started before Apex was even announced, i am inclined to finish it with non apex assets for now. Just prior to the release of apex there way a 3/4 month break where no work was done on this project, due to lack of motivation in light of seeing the apex assets. Even now as i come back to working on it, i am not happy with a lot of areas of the island knowing that there are much better objects that could go there and have a better feel. Never the less, i am inclined to finish it with the "greek" assets we have.

If i feel inclined to do so in the future i may release another version with Apex objects when they are available. 

Yes!!! Looks great! Being a helicopter nerd I loved the FOB set ups. Any chance you could post a pic of the airfield?

~S

• Like 1

Wish this one was out now; I can think of several nice scenarios I can use this one for in our community. Getting kinda tired of the same old wash, rinse, repeat maps we are using.

This isn't dead. Just crawling along, in case anyone is wondering. Having to do the satmap by hand and i'm not very good at it nor happy with 90% of what i produce. Objects have come along though, added a new town and re did a few.

Link to the bigger image.

KKNYG3r.jpg

• Like 5

If you take your time with the satmap, it can be a lot better than any rips from satellite imaging. Then you can ensure that the sat matches the actual terrain in color and composition, an issue I see a lot. You've done beautifully with it so far, I'm sure that trend will continue into the next phases of development.

• Like 1

So glad to hear this is still a go!

Keen to do a GR campaign on this.

strongly recommend adding some palms to Asianize it.

On 2/24/2017 at 1:43 PM, john1 said:

Pick of Airfield?  thanks

Airfield is pretty much the last major point of interest to be completed. Its just a bunch of markings at the moment.

I seem to have a thing for graveyards.

cycdghK.jpgeqQbCOS.jpgn2dTPQx.jpgQY7BczW.jpguJIezIO.jpg

• Like 4