logoedbxw.png

Namalsk for Arma III

namalsk3nkss.png

Situation
After a few moths of Work we proudly present you Namalsk ported over to Arma 3 with a very nice face lift.
Me and the Exile Mod Team worked closely together with Sumrak the Original author of Namalsk to bring the island to Arma 3 and upgrade it on a lot of levels.
Currently the download only includes the Map itself, modules and other things included into Namalsk will follow later, maybe even the campaign.

Namalsk Background Story
Namalsk history dates back approximately to the 50s of the last century. In these times, began colonizing islands in the Bering Sea. The former Soviet Union saw clear benefits from use of these islands by intensified tensions of the Cold War. On Namalsk were built military facilities, such as Brensk, Norinsk, Northern and Southern military base, or a spy transmitter on the highest mountain of Namalsk - Seraja.

These buildings also came with the inhabitants, who settled mainly in the north, where today stands the capital city - Vorkuta. Residents began to live on Namalsk with mainly fishing, the construction of 2 ports - Lubjansk - small port in the north and Tara, a large port on the island just near Namalsk. The southern region later found other than a military use and began to mine coal here. Coal mining has caused the construction of the railway line from the coal mine Sebjan port on the island, called by the port there, Tara. They also built the northern grasslands of the collective farm Jalovisko.

On Namalsk lived in 2008 approximately 1,100 people. With the coming financial Crisis nations around the world began to think more about investments and savings. In 2010 the Russian government has decided to leave some localities, especially in the Bering Sea, among them the island Namalsk. But when after few more months, when government more and more openly talked about moving people, Namalsk stopped responding, there was, after unsuccessful attempts to survey, in May 2011 sent the Russian army. Encountered here, at first glance a deserted island, at second, not so .. What happened next?

You can download the Arma 2 Version of Namalsk including the awesome campaign "Namalsk:Crisis" to find out more about the mysterious place.

Authors
- Sumrak the Original Author of Namalsk (www.nightstalkers.cz)
- Lappihuan
- Exile Mod Team (www.exilemod.com)

Special thanks
- Sumrak for creating this awesome map
- Aggro and Spire for project coordination
- M1lkm8n and Smokedog for the outstanding JBAD buildings
- Bohemia Interactive for the Arma series

This work uses the JBAD Buildings with kind permission of M1lkm8n and Smokedog:
www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26806

Changelog
not available yet

Download
Armaholic
http://www.exilemod.com/downloads/

gdrive

If you have any questions or issues or suggestions, feel free to post in here.

• Like 15

Namalsk for Arma III

You can download the Arma 2 Version of Namalsk including the awesome campaign "Namalsk:Crisis" to find out more about the mysterious place.

Are you planning on porting the campaign over to A3? Is that what you mean here? Looking forward to a new Namalsk-can you tell us what changes have been made?

• Like 1

Are you planning on porting the campaign over to A3? Is that what you mean here? Looking forward to a new Namalsk-can you tell us what changes have been made?

Maybe one day ;)

but your quote only mentions the Arma 2 Version with the campaign.

In the op is written:

Currently the download only includes the Map itself, modules and other things included into Namalsk will follow later, maybe even the campaign.

The changelog will follow later.

Maybe one day ;)

but your quote only mentions the Arma 2 Version with the campaign.

In the op is written:

The changelog will follow later.

Ah-sorry.you're right ;) Still-can't wait to see A3 Namalsk!

Does this require AIATP or Cup Terrains? Or is it a totally standalone map?

Ðt night airfield beacons do not work... It's norm?))) Thank you for the map!

Does that needed to be done by the island authors or the alive authors?
I don't know how it works, but can be done when we know how.

regarding airfield beacons:
i would need to check that in arma 2 and see if they worked there, but i will add it to the bug list for the next release.

• Like 1

Namalsk + Ravage = Post Apocalyptic Heaven......or Hell.

Great start to the week. 

Thank you.

• Like 1

oh wow, 2200mb for Namalsk is a pretty big. I know you've probably put a tonne of work into this mod and probably don't want to hear it. But perhaps down the line you might want to make a lite version that uses CUP / AIA assets (similar to what was done with Bornholm) that would probably cut the terrain size at least in half. 2200mb seems pretty excessive for what Namalsk is.

But either way it is great to see a proper arma 3 version of Namalsk.

• Like 7

omfg!....i heare a kid scream ambience?...

Any chance of a workshop release?  At 2.2 GB, my only hope to download this on my slow ass connection is to milk it for a couple weeks through steam. 

2,2GB?

I mean I like JBAD Buildings but stuffing it together with the Map folder is never a good idea in my opinion. At least seperate it for those people who already has JBAD and maybe do a CUP version for those who doesn't want JBAD Buildings.

As long as that I will stick to A2 Namalsk.

• Like 1

Congratz for the release! Does your version currently avoid jbad buildings to get destroyed by a single granade?

Great job!

But please, can you make "dependent" version which requires CUP_Terrains or AIA Terrain Pack? 2.2GB is pretty much huge.

Does that needed to be done by the island authors or the alive authors?

I don't know how it works, but can be done when we know how.

regarding airfield beacons:

i would need to check that in arma 2 and see if they worked there, but i will add it to the bug list for the next release.

I've added it to the TO DO list of maps.  Very shortly you'll be able to index your own maps, but for now it has to be done by the ALiVE dev team.

Great work BTW - did the 'blowout' module make it to the A3 version?

How Cares ? It so cool !!!

And most of all..... Stand alone... I f.u love it

Excellent thank you for that!!
I noticed some very unstable FPS in the city.. Anyone else?

:o This is gonna be.... :o historical...... :o epic...... times to arma 3, one of my favourite maps!

I have not really played Namalsl back in A2 therefore: Of what kind of Moduls are you talking? :3 I'm just a bit curious ;P