tyrghen

Terrain - Porquerolles Island

Hi Mauler !

Will the Steam version be updated soon?

The Steam version has already been updated on Steam !

Xnam

Doh! - Yep I'm blind - nothing to see here ...  :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Oh and thanks for Angel Island - a favourite!!  :rthumb:

Great Island and really detailed. Best of all is that it isn't too big. Only the bluish satalite textures are disturbing but that's not the big matter. :) 

This map has me creating French Resistance fighters in the arsenal and then ambushing German patrols on those high-hill roads. It's great.

You mean in WW2, don't you ? :unsure:

Only the bluish satalite textures are disturbing but that's not the big matter

Thx for your feedback chrys, it's really blue indeed ! we will think about changing the Color Balance for a nexrt update !

This map has me creating French Resistance fighters in the arsenal and then ambushing German patrols on those high-hill roads. It's great.

Awesome. With which mod are you achieving that?

Awesome. With which mod are you achieving that?

I'm using CUP for civilian clothes and weapons, and IFA3 for the

German uniforms and weapons. I'd love it if someone could cook up some Vichy French Milice forces.

I'm using CUP for civilian clothes and weapons, and IFA3 for the

German uniforms and weapons. I'd love it if someone could cook up some Vichy French Milice forces.

So would I.

The plateau du Vercors is opposite my kitchen:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maquis_du_Vercors

The best implementation I've seen so far was in Arma 2's I44.

But given I44's near radio silence for the past 18 months I seriously you'll have much luck contacting them.

Any chance of you releasing your pack and/or missions?

Good job. It's a beautiful looking little island.

So would I.

The plateau du Vercors is opposite my kitchen:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maquis_du_Vercors

The best implementation I've seen so far was in Arma 2's I44.

But given I44's near radio silence for the past 18 months I seriously you'll have much luck contacting them.

Any chance of you releasing your pack and/or missions?

Oh I don't know, for one, there isn't enough clothing from available mods to really create a Maquis group, nor can I locate any French pre-1940 weaponry. Perhaps UNSUNG has some French rifles, but those are probably 50s semiautomatics. Another problem is that I don't even know how to create packs to begin with, unless I just did a mission template with the resistants all standing around so people could load it and copy them into their own mission.

Actually, that sounds easy.

As for missions, I rarely do anything more complex than 'spawn at A and move to B/capture'. I really just have little patience for scripting.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for mods that can give potential Maquis' more flavor, but I highly doubt any will appear. If there's one thing I've noticed about the plethora of eternally-WIP WWII mods for A3, it's that none of them come with period-appropriate civilians/civilian clothing.

That must be a sick view from your kitchen in the mornings.

The latest graphics update in Dev build has sort of trashed the awesome look of this Island.. :(

Great job on a beautiful and detailed little island, thank you very much!

I'm another person who is having a bit of trouble dealing with the blue satmap though, it's very distracting seeing an aqua landscape in the middle distance. I hope you'll consider changing it to something a little more natural in a future update.

porq_blue.jpg

thx for your feedback !

The latest graphics update in Dev build has sort of trashed the awesome look of this Island..  :(

i just test it  : Same for Altis and stratis, Don't use the Dev for now ;) . we will of course update our Island if, the next A3's update breake something !

I'm another person who is having a bit of trouble dealing with the blue satmap though

yes it's the tree's shadows in the satmap which are too Blue, we will fixed it in the next update ! Thx.

Xnam 

thx for your feedback !

i just test it  : Same for Altis and stratis, Don't use the Dev for now ;) . we will of course update our Island if, the next A3's update breake something !

yes it's the tree's shadows in the satmap which are too Blue, we will fixed it in the next update ! Thx.

Xnam 

Thanks mate, great little Island and will look even better with the new lighting enhancements that are being tested in DEV Branch now

I've posted an update of our Porquerolles Island.

Thanks again to [V]Michel for his work and the time he invests into the island.

Thanks also to the various feedbacks which help us improve our islands!

Version 1.2

• corrected the sat map colors to be less blue
  • added corals and underwater elements around the island
  • seabed's topography modified in the port
  • added some real life ship wrecks around the island, plus some surprises
  • Some adjustments of objects
The link in the opening post has been updated, but here it is again:

Porquerolles terrain (deactivate adblock) : MediaFire

• Like 1

I downloaded from armaholic and loaded into my Arma 3 folder like all other mods, booted up the game, and there's no map in-game from the editor list.

I downloaded from armaholic and loaded into my Arma 3 folder like all other mods, booted up the game, and there's no map in-game from the editor list.

Can you please test the mediafire download?

Also, do you have the PBOs in the addons folder under @VTR_Porquerolles?

Can you please test the mediafire download?

Also, do you have the PBOs in the addons folder under @VTR_Porquerolles?

Testing mediafire. And yes, there are PBOs in my current folder--CA and Porquerolles.

Edit: Mediafire link works fine. I'm on the map currently.

Second edit: unrelated to the previous two lines. I have to note the oddity of having the grass beneath your feet be green, and like Altis, but 100 feet away the terrain turns blue. I think this has been noted before, but it seems like this wasn't addressed in the new update.

hi Hate, it's working for me

Rename your mod folder to @Porquerolles. maybe your computer language doesn't understand the "é" in "vétérans"

thanks

[V]Xnam

Second edit: unrelated to the previous two lines. I have to note the oddity of having the grass beneath your feet be green, and like Altis, but 100 feet away the terrain turns blue. I think this has been noted before, but it seems like this wasn't addressed in the new update.

Hmm, there might be a mishap in the update then.

I couldn't check directly with Michel today, but I'll ask him again.

At the moment I don't have much time so I'm merely passing the zip around on behalf of my teammate.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll bring it up with him!

So, here it is how it looks for me.

Is that what you see as well or is it more blueish?

Or are we speaking of different things?

bozgw2u12rz4163zg.jpg

I'm still seeing it blueish as well, but on dev build, however have metalcraze terrain lighting fix added, probably doesn't help I'm also on my shitty laptop!!

There's also some satellite imagery glitches around the Marina, the green grass? goes to the waters edge and no distinction between grass and sand. St

Still an awesome map though

They changed the lighting on the dev build if I'm not mistaken, so it will have impact on all maps I guess.

We'll make some test on the dev build to see how we'll handle that.

Thanks for the feedback!