Vasily.B

EDEN Editor BUGS

The size of the Required Addons window needs to be increased. Name and Author overlap.

Trigger activation is currently broken in stable. Giving a trigger an owner and choosing any of the activation types always leaves the trigger as activated by "VEHICLE".

This is still in the dev branch: Eden only very rarely (don't know when it decides when) show the circle around the object when you set the "Placement Radius". Now it's on a player unit and I am on map view.

If I place a trigger, I can´t set any effekt. There are many options to choose but nothing is able to click.

If I place a trigger, I can´t set any effekt. There are many options to choose but nothing is able to click.

I can confirm this in Eden editor, however effects can be selected in the 2D editor. (running 1.60 rc)

The size of the EDEN editor interfaces in general need to be reduced, or at least the scaling needs to be looked at. At 2560x1440 with an interface size of small selected in my video options, the GUI is huge.

HgsyulJ.jpg

Before the size changes were made the GUI was slightly too small, now it's just obtrusive. Compared to other GUIs in the game with the same settings, it's still massive. Somewhere in between now and before the scaling was implemented would definitely be more welcome.

• Like 2

Please fix the self-expanding unit list (resetting). its very annoying, that after editing unit, everytime i need to close "Men" < "FACTION" .

• Like 1

dna_uk, on 19 May 2016 - 16:57, said:

The size of the EDEN editor interfaces in general need to be reduced, or at least the scaling needs to be looked at. At 2560x1440 with an interface size of small selected in my video options, the GUI is huge.

Before the size changes were made the GUI was slightly too small, now it's just obtrusive. Compared to other GUIs in the game with the same settings, it's still massive. Somewhere in between now and before the scaling was implemented would definitely be more welcome.

This has been reported several times and myriad of dev updates later still no fix :(

Hmmm, having just tried out 1.60RC I actually have the opposite problem. Running windowed 21:9 @ 2100:900 interface size Small, my Eden interface is tiny, any smaller and the text would be unreadable.

I dont want to change the interface size as its just right in game, maybe it would be an idea if they added a scale factor to all Eden display/controls and gave us an extra slider in Eden settings so we can all scale Eden to our liking.

1.58 21:9 @ 2100:900 UI Small

Eden_1.58.png

1.60RC 21:9 @ 2100:900 UI Small

Eden_1.60.png

On another note, its nice they finally gave us bindings for the camera but they are currently useless for me as Eden still has lots of hardbound keys, for instance the Eden side panels are still hard bound to E and R so trying to set the camera movement to ESDF still has the same problem. :(

my Eden interface is tiny, any smaller and the text would be unreadable.

So they have now gone from one extreme to another then... I get that in current dev if using very small ui size..

EDIT:

Current stable 1.58 3DEN it's perfect for 1920x1200 ui scale small. Current dev is like ui scale normal or large I guess.

Edited by h -

Will the new fog settings make it into 1.60? If not, the attribute should be hidden.

Edit: It seems like the Default Speed, Fast speed and mouse wheel sensetivity cannot be set to 1.5x anymore. (RC Branch)

Yes, each setting is correctly set... weird thing is that this only happens with "respawn_west". Every other respawn marker works "respawn" "respawn_east" etc... I asked some guys of my unit that also edit missions and they say that they do not have this problem so I suppose it is something wrong on my side. Extremely annoying though :angry:

I tried adding the marker "respawn_west" after finishing the rest of the mission and uploaded it to our server. Then I went and started loading the mission after picking up a role, it crashes back to "#missions" menu with an "error loading mission" message. I kind of worked my way around this using the "respawn" instead of "respawn_west" because what I am editing is a COOP mission with only one playable side. I will keep using that until a find what the hell is this crash.

It's happened to me with both repspawn_west and respawn_east

If you edit a marker's x and y attributes, the visual position updates, but the marker is still actually where it was previously.

I also agree about the auto-expanding tree view, would be nice if the tree would retain its state.

The AttributeLoad code of edit box controls looks as follows:

if (typename _value != typename '') 

{
  _value = str _value;
};       

(_this controlsGroupCtrl 100) ctrlSetText _value;

Condition in line 1 should be replaced with isEqualType

In Eden, I am permanently bugged with:

"author/ is not a value" - anyone knowing what this is about?

Yeah, have this very often when opening my maps/any missions.

Yeah, have this very often when opening my maps/any missions.

Are you using any mods?

Many mods, yes. But if there's nothing obvious, I can't take the time to do divide and conquer mod minimizing :)

There is something wrong, even if i use my own mod, there is this error. Off course author is not adressed, beacuse there is no such option, when my mod appears in launcher, there is "unknown" author

There is something wrong, even if i use my own mod, there is this error. Off course author is not adressed, beacuse there is no such option, when my mod appears in launcher, there is "unknown" author

The author attribute shown in the launcher is read from the mod.cpp (Or, most of the times it's not) However, my educated guess is, that the author error in 3den is caused by the Required Addons implementation. I'll see if I can confirm that somehow.

Edit: Yes, it is indeed caused by the Show Required Addons interface

OzZUcXL.jpg

Guess that issue will resolve itself when all modders update their CfgPatches to the latest format. However, some error handling should be implemented. ...Good thing 1.60 was not released this week.

Found another bug:

If one places a marker and changes its position via the attribute, the marker icon is moved to the new position, but not the actual marker. The new marker icon cannot be selected, instead one has hover over the old position and select the marker from there.

Additionally, the new position is not applied on preview.

1.6 RC

I just emphasized the "mission impossible" part.

Guess that issue will resolve itself when all modders update

• Like 1

True, that's why I added

However, some error handling should be implemented. ...Good thing 1.60 was not released this week.

• Like 1

Unable to move the base / decay fog sliders in the eden editor. (stable, no mods)