Dwarden

A2/A2:OA beta CorePatch 01.03.2016

JSRS 1.5 Final sound issue with the following weapons:

Fn FAL (All firing modes) 

M14 (Full firing mode only)

These two weapon sounds in the reported firing modes are the vanilla game sounds and not the modded JSRS Final sounds for these weapons. I reverted to an earlier version of the game to test and can confirm these firing sounds after corepatch are not correct.

Thank you for your continued support. 

JSRS 1.5 Final sound issue with the following weapons:

Fn FAL (All firing modes) 

M14 (Full firing mode only)

These two weapon sounds in the reported firing modes are the vanilla game sounds and not the modded JSRS Final sounds for these weapons.

Fixed.

Thanks for feedback!

I found bug with UAV Pchela-1T.

If i use UAV module + unit + bag, and when i exit UAV vision i have this -

p8I97tA.jpg

And some bug with BMP-3 left and right gunners, no optics for PKT -

j6amJBL.jpg

And, finally, vanilla explosion sounds and when firing with GSh-30, JSRS 1.5 Final mod.

For Schatten:

ПоÑмотри, можно ли иÑправить проблему Ñ ÐœÐ¤Ð” на Ñамолётах, подробнее тут

vanilla explosion sounds and when firing with GSh-30, JSRS 1.5 Final mod.

Which one: GSh-30-1, GSh-30-2 or GSh-30-2K?

Update:

Seems, JSRS does not change shot sound of any GSh cannon.

A2OA beta was updated with more corepatch fixes

Corepatch is to fix the common core parts of the game that we all use (like the gear menu errors and such) Those BI scripts affect everyone playing the game and should have been changed. Didn't interfere with any mods and improved the game in every aspect. Fixing the mission specific scripts also was necessary and good for the entire community.

I am not disagreeing with the principle of fixing bugs. I am saying you are too overzealous in your desire to fix random barely useful things that impact compatibility with mods, the thing that keeps arma 2 alive.

I suggest you work on modules and scripts, not on Cfg values. Let's fix the civilian modules.

I'm with PiZZADOX on this one. Main scope for bugfixing should be things that have been working earlier in Arma 2. Those features are what mods and especially missions have been used to using. Examples are civilian module and let's not forget the first aid module. THERE ARE A LOT OF MISSIONS WHERE YOU NEED TO DRAG PEOPLE, THOSE ARE ALL BROKEN SINCE 1.62! That should be priority number one.

Those features are what mods and especially missions have been used to using.

Mods it's cool, but you forget about gamers who do not use mods.

Why should I use mods that fix a things that were to be implemented? I mean e. g. lack zeroing function at DMR and SVD (http://dev.withsix.com/issues/31267) or possibility to look through ironsight at weapons with sidemounted scopes (http://dev.withsix.com/issues/13857). I just want to play the game, not to setup mods.

• Like 1

Why should I use mods that fix a things that were to be implemented? I mean e. g. lack zeroing function at DMR and SVD (http://dev.withsix.com/issues/31267) or possibility to look through ironsight at weapons with sidemounted scopes (http://dev.withsix.com/issues/13857). I just want to play the game, not to setup mods.

Schatten, it seems to me that you're the one who's forgetting, or rather dismissing, the people who do use mods. Although like everyone else here, I appreciate the work you put in, you're behaving not like a game developer, but a modder yourself. You have your own aim and you're blindly following it, not listening to or taking seriously any criticism by the folks who are actually going to have to use your work in the end.

You're patching a game which is sold for money, you're not making a mod and if this is what you chose to do, you have to start listening to the customer base, just like BIS normally does, even though there are disagreements within the customer base (and that's for us to discuss here). Otherwise, you're not only making people disappointed, but by saying you put in a lot of effort and not caring about breaking mods, you're basically saying you don't care how much effort mod developers have put into their work back in the day. The turrets config name is an excellent example. Changing the name of it might make your corepatch look tidier, but it does nothing but create problems who swear by the mods they use, the mods that took years to develop and are no longer being worked on. 

There is a time and place for everything, and the stuff you're doing should have been done in the past. Since they weren't, there is no point in doing them now because the community is no longer strong enough to deal with its repercussions. Sorry, but it's about time you start giving a crap about what others are saying. 

• Like 2

He wont listen, our only hope is for Bohemia to take away his update privilege.

• Like 1

No zeroing at DMR & SVD in OA and CO

Added by Val about 4 years ago. Updated almost 4 years ago.

Iron sights for scoped weapons with sidemounted scope

Added by TheMasta almost 6 years ago. Updated over 3 years ago.

6 years ago! 6! You don't understand what I'm saying. Actually you don't want to understand. 

Of course modders came into the scene to add such features because they were never added. But that wasn't the main purpose of such mods. Great mods like ACE made whole changes to the game, and these things came at the side. And it's all a package, so it's not like you can keep using ACE or any other mod without problems and say "I'm going to remove this component because it's now part of the core game and it causes compatibility issues". Instead it gets broken and goes fubar. 

I'll say it once again, not to try to make you understand, but to try to break Dwarden's silence on this. You're presenting new features as "fixes" and breaking whatever mod comes in your way. I'm forgetting about people who don't use mods? Do you have statistics? Do you know what percentage of the Arma 2 population uses mods and what doesn't? No, of course you don't. And you don't care anyway. As I've said you're a modder under the disguise of a game developer without any interest in making the best decisions for the community. I'll just wait until Dwarden shares his thoughts on this. Otherwise I'm through arguing with you. 

• Like 1

Can't really blame or expect comments from Dwarden, I doubt the corepatch project occupies more than 1% of his attention right now.

I didn't actually say you should use mods to fix things, but that existing mods expect the game code to be certain way. If a flaw has been in the game since the beginning of it, mods are probably used to that. Patching the flaw now would just change the code those mods rely on, rendering them incompatible.

So we should only fix bugs that are introduced in recent versions. Most mods are not expecting recent bugs to exist, but rather expecting them to be fixed.

• Like 3

Is there any way to detect a player using the beta in MP and kick them? Unfortunately I've had people using the beta to get zeroing on the DMR and other advantages etc and would like to know if there's a way to prevent people from joining a MP mission using the beta. The version on the beta appears to be the same as the regular client, otherwise I'd just use that in the server config.

Hi

Can anyone help me with Garbage collector, I need it to automaticaly delete all dead bodies all the time. i put Garbage collector module, and put BIS_GC setVariable ["auto", true, true] to its init, as stated in previous corepatch thread,  but it doesnt delete the dead bodies.

Looks like i'm going back to A2 OA from A3 (number of bugs in A3 is breaking my head.....) I'm not up-to date with A2, so i wanted to know which mods stopped working with the game with this beta update.
I want to use JSRS 1.5 (all optionals), ACE 3, RHS, ACEX, Landtextures, CBA, and inko_disposable.

Looks like i'm going back to A2 OA from A3 (number of bugs in A3 is breaking my head.....) I'm not up-to date with A2, so i wanted to know which mods stopped working with the game with this beta update.

I want to use JSRS 1.5 (all optionals), ACE 3, RHS, ACEX, Landtextures, CBA, and inko_disposable.

Maybe try them and see if they work ;)

Maybe try them and see if they work ;)

Before downloaing i wanna know, its not 512mb. game plus those mods weight more than 7GB. I will not play vanilla Arma when those mods are not working, so i need to know if its worth it

• Like 1

I recently reinstalled A2OA, and i noticed that crewmen can easily die inside their tanks, is this intended or just some new bug ? i also noticed that BMP2 can destroy a T72 quite easily using high explosive rounds. I'm sorry if this was mentioned before.

I recently reinstalled A2OA, and i noticed that crewmen can easily die inside their tanks, is this intended or just some new bug ? i also noticed that BMP2 can destroy a T72 quite easily using high explosive rounds. I'm sorry if this was mentioned before.

Oh, nice. But stable branch in A2 dont have those issues right? All mods work stable? I started to download A2OA, but right now i dont know what branch should i choose. Was there some really good improvments since last stable in this beta patches? Anything really worth mentioning?

Apache from BAF lite cannot launch multiple hellfire - every missile launched after first 2 hell's will explode on chopper.

OK guys, not to mention i'm not able to launch A2 + AO (A2 CO) thanks to steam :o So 7GB of data is just for nothing on my HDD.....
I got errors:
After i die :
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMusic/Track06_Abandoned_Battlespace.sound'.

On OA campaign start :
Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\weapons\G36\Data\g36_co.paa.

Crash when i load savegame (after dead)

Cant heal on medic (medic and commander ignore me)

Image is moving like i play on pirated game, when i play on steam (after running)!

Is this all present on 1.62 stable!?
I was recording "First Impression" video to promo your game, but i will definetly not upload it - one - errors - two - cannot launch game i buyed.

EDIT - only stable version of game - 1.62 is in english - no Polish language. this is very bad joke. This is how you promote buying original games.

Hi, i wanted to report that the laser designator is broken on the UAV.

It seems that the laser is pointing to the back where you actually aim. (180° reversed)

Greetings, Uzabit.

Hi, i fixed the bug I mentioned above by adding following lines in the config.bin of air_e.pbo (Expansions > Addons).

class MQ9PredatorB: UAV
{

class Turrets {

gunBeg = "laser_end";
gunEnd = "laser_start";

};

};

Seems like a simple mislabeling... laser_end and laser_start were interchanged.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I only just found these beta patch topics on these forums. I must say i am very impressed that this branch still seems to be getting very active development/patching after all this time (and in co-existence with Arma 3).

Out of pure interest could i please ask 2 things:

-Are these patches server side only?

-In the past year or so, have there been any significant changes to the multplayer/netcode performance that have been addressed with these patches?

To clarify: I am a huge fan of Arma 2. The gameplay (mission editor), simulation (ballistics etc) and sandbox scale (as well as ordnance) makes this game stand out amongst all other military shooters in my opinion.

I love playing the game...but the only big letdown for me has been the laggy multiplayer experience and hard graphics performance during online play.

I can definitely understand that it could be very hard (if in some cases not impossible) to optimise some of these fundamental mechanics in the game engine...but i really wonder if there is an incentive to work on, or look into such subjects?

Put simply...if this game had a steady 60 FPS in multiplayer mode and very responsive netcode...this would easily be one of the best games ever created (especially if you take into account the scripting versatility etc etc).