legio4777

Placing Objects on a table

For some reason I´m not able to put objects on a table properly. It works in the editor by dragging the object on it, just dragging or by pressing the alt button... However in mission appears under the table or an incorrect altitud....

Has someone experienced the same thing?

Any solution or missing something...??

• Like 1

No idea if there is a "more correct" way, but you can make it work with simply unticking the enable simulation attribute of the object. This way the objects stay where they are- ofc this also affects potential damage done to them. A different way would be to use the attachTo command, but as far as I am aware, this requires tinkering with x,y,z again.

I have had that issue on some objects as well..not all of them but some..also it seems like the ability to move and adjust the object by just a small amount doesn't always seem to work..it jumps quite a bit from position to position even if I just want to move it a small amount. Same with elevation it seems to jump more than it should.

Diesel

For some reason I´m not able to put objects on a table properly. It works in the editor by dragging the object on it, just dragging or by pressing the alt button... However in mission appears under the table or an incorrect altitud....

Hi; put this in the init:

this enable simulation false;

I experienced this "trouble" with laptop and stuff like that....

Another way to bypass this issue (if you use mcc) is to give to the object the "pickable" property......and the object will stay where you put it! Hope this will help you....bye....sorry my poor english.

• Like 1

For me SOME items work, others I need to set to simulation disabled. Laptops and most other electronic items will fall through the tables. Guns and intel usually is fine but pistols sink into the table instead of staying on top. Boxes tend to glitch out.

Let's say you have a desk and you want to spawn a laptop on top of that. You can use the command 'attachTo.' It works like a charm.
'AttachTo' will freeze an object in its set position, that's why you need to set modify the 'z' coordinate according to your desk height (distance from its center position.)

laptop setposATL [getPosATL desk select 0, getPosATL desk select 1, ((getPosATL desk select 2)+0.83) ];
laptop attachTo [desk];