Is there a way to prevent the attribution of insignia in the group management system?

What do you mean?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since Eden still has no proper module descriptions I thought I am going to add a temporary solution, which actually works quite well (Except for those modules which don't have a description ...BIS)

http://gifmaker.cc/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2016092707kTyDU3rvhCN9AB5adu9Xg5&file=output_wHW6OM.gif

i am getting a massive error in one of my missions where i set multiple units with animations by 3den enhanced  something about "no change"  not a valid setting"   ??? the eror it self shows in red on top of the screen and then disapears pretty fast before i can read the whole thing :(   (will try to read the complete error :P )

made it :P

'definition no change doen't exist  possible anim sets are  "STAND" ..... etc. etc.' 

edit:  i found this on steam by R3vo

What you can do is the following:

- Open the mission.sqm (none binarized) with your favorite text editor
- Search the file for the word NOCHANGE, and delete that by replacing it with nothing e.g empty space.
-Then save the file and reload it with Eden.

Make sure to backup the mission.sqm before.

• Like 1

Hello R3vo just dropping by to say hello and good work with EE so far :D

• Like 1

I don't know where else to post this but I feel like it has to do something with this mod (maybe). When I spawn units with Zeus, sometimes a random number of AI (in a group for example) will become completely naked and lose all their equipment. This usually happens a min or so after spawning them or directly after. Any ideas what could be causing this? 

I don't know where else to post this but I feel like it has to do something with this mod (maybe). When I spawn units with Zeus, sometimes a random number of AI (in a group for example) will become completely naked and lose all their equipment. This usually happens a min or so after spawning them or directly after. Any ideas what could be causing this? 

Does it happen without my mod?

What do you mean?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since Eden still has no proper module descriptions I thought I am going to add a temporary solution, which actually works quite well (Except for those modules which don't have a description ...BIS)

http://gifmaker.cc/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2016092707kTyDU3rvhCN9AB5adu9Xg5&file=output_wHW6OM.gif

When you activate the new vanilla group management systeme. It automaticly, randomly select an insignia for the group. All member in that group gets it. We had a banana last night ;) Anyway to turn this of ?

When you activate the new vanilla group management systeme. It automaticly, randomly select an insignia for the group. All member in that group gets it. We had a banana last night ;) Anyway to turn this of ?

No clue, never noticed that before.

In previous versions you had a drop box for selecting vehicle skins, which appears to have been dropped too.

Is there any chance of reinstating that, or is there some vanilla method I'm not aware of?

In previous versions you had a drop box for selecting vehicle skins, which appears to have been dropped too.

Is there any chance of reinstating that, or is there some vanilla method I'm not aware of?

This feature was vanilla and has been replaced by the Virtual Garage context menu entry -> right click on a vehicle -> Virtual Garage

• Like 2

i am getting a massive error in one of my missions where i set multiple units with animations by 3den enhanced  something about "no change"  not a valid setting"   ??? the eror it self shows in red on top of the screen and then disapears pretty fast before i can read the whole thing :(   (will try to read the complete error :P )

made it :P

'definition no change doen't exist  possible anim sets are  "STAND" ..... etc. etc.' 

edit:  i found this on steam by R3vo

What you can do is the following:

- Open the mission.sqm (none binarized) with your favorite text editor

- Search the file for the word NOCHANGE, and delete that by replacing it with nothing e.g empty space.

-Then save the file and reload it with Eden.

Make sure to backup the mission.sqm before.

Is there a way to automatically delete all references to NOCHANGE in the mission.sqm instead of manually going through? All, or at least most, of my missions have this error and while it doesn't stop me from editing/playing, it does drive me rather mad, and some of my missions seem to have a looooot of references to this NOCHANGE in the .sqm. :(

Fixed :D

I'm also seeing some units in patrol are just walking off in random directions and not sticking as a group, just wandering off on their own. Is this an effect of the above error? I never had any issues with the previous version.

Fixed it, shouldn't have panicked haha, but that happens when you're away from Arma and things are broken when you come back.

AI seems to be reacting as normal now, I'll keep an eye out for weirdness though.

thanks for updates and support.

any plan for to add particle effects editor to 3den enhanced?

thanks for updates and support.

any plan for to add particle effects editor to 3den enhanced?

No, but I know someone who is ;)

• Like 2

R3vo, great work.

When I open the general options menu, I am missing the UAV intro entry. It should be above ambient flyby, from the videos and screenshots that you provided. Am I doing something wrong? I took your 1.6 Hotfix and installed it over the 1.5 installation. I also just installed the 1.6 hotfix without 1.5 in the folder previously. Something seems to be missing. I do not get any errors, however.

The BIS_fnc_findSafePos used to not be so great at finding decent safe locations. I assume this hasn't changed in ages. I believe I remember lots of different and better solutions rather than using this function. DAC finds waypoints and spots to spawn units very well and can be customized to find tiny spots to for waypoints or for placing objects very close to other objects. You might want to look there for inspiration unless you've fixed this to your satisfaction by now.

I might have found the issue with random patrol placing waypoints close to each other. Here's some further insight:

The exlamation marks in the first screenshot show all safe positions (for infantry), means positions in water should be avoided)

As one can already see, there are very few position which match the profile of the wanted position parameters

http://imgur.com/c1TitsX

The followpicture shows the issue which was described in a previous post:

http://imgur.com/e5HToT1

The random patrol function searches for safe position inside the given are with the set radius and it sometimes, especially if there a only a few locations available, seems to prefer one of those locations and places all markers there.#

Solution? Not sure. Mayhaps I can check whether the location from the previous waypoint is equal to the new position. Question is, what happens if no save position can be found. Failing silently will confuse most folks and that's something I want to avoid.

Edit:

To go a little bit further with my explanation:

[] spawn  
{posArray = [];
 for "_i" from 1 to 200 do
 {
  pos = [position player,1,500,10,0,1,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos; posArray pushBackUnique pos;
systemChat str pos;  marker = createmarker [str _i,pos];
  (str _i) setMarkerType "hd_warning";
 };
};

This is the function is use to find all safePositions in a given area. If I store all UNIQUE positions in an array. Out of 200 search attemps only 84 positions were different, so the chance is over 50% that a waypoint will be place on the same exact position as the last one.

The BIS_fnc_findSafePos used to not be so great at finding decent safe locations. I assume this hasn't changed in ages. I believe I remember lots of different and better solutions rather than using this function. DAC finds waypoints and spots to spawn units very well and can be customized to find tiny spots to for waypoints or for placing objects very close to other objects. You might want to look there for inspiration unless you've fixed this to your satisfaction by now.

That is true and I'll try to find a better solution in the future. The problem is, that I want to keep the code as short as possible, because it's saved to the mission.sqm for every unit.

R3vo, great work.

When I open the general options menu, I am missing the UAV intro entry. It should be above ambient flyby, from the videos and screenshots that you provided. Am I doing something wrong? I took your 1.6 Hotfix and installed it over the 1.5 installation. I also just installed the 1.6 hotfix without 1.5 in the folder previously. Something seems to be missing. I do not get any errors, however.

It has been removed since it didn't work reliably on dedicated servers. If I find a solution, I am going to readd it.

• Like 1

Just a quick thanks for this mod. Can't imagine using the 3Den Editor without it. Pretty much up there with ACE and CBA as a must have mod.

Your ongoing support and optimization is simply amazing.

Thanks for all the hard work.

• Like 1

It has been removed since it didn't work reliably on dedicated servers. If I find a solution, I am going to readd it.

Thanks, I am relieved it's not me. I spent the better part of an hour yesterday trying to find out why the heck I couldn't "install" (read: extract from a zipfile) this thing properly... :D

• Like 1

Thanks, I am relieved it's not me. I spent the better part of an hour yesterday trying to find out why the heck I couldn't "install" (read: extract from a zipfile) this thing properly... :D

Indeed... I checked the changelog and couldn't find it removed, so searched for a while everywhere I could think of. :)  

FWIW, it always seemed to work for our small group on a dedicated server.

Indeed... I checked the changelog and couldn't find it removed, so searched for a while everywhere I could think of. :)  

FWIW, it always seemed to work for our small group on a dedicated server.

That's good to know, however, I had multiple reports that it doesn't work.

- establishing shot attribute (Not mp compatible, most likely not fixable)

It was right there, you probably searched for "UAV Intro" or something along those lines ;)

• Like 1

Has the 'Hide Map Objects' right click option been removed purposefully? I know you can just copy the script into another trigger and it will work the same but I'm just wondering as it was a lot faster.

That's good to know, however, I had multiple reports that it doesn't work.

It was right there, you probably searched for "UAV Intro" or something along those lines ;)

Yup, I did. 

I'll have to keep myself busy with the other few dozen tools you've made instead. ;)

(Personally, I always pressed space immediately to go past the intro, but another person in our group really likes them - I guess it's time to learn to do it manually!).