Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

Eden update: STATUS_DLL_INIT_FAILED

So I got a message from BI support, first they told me to try this: "Open Arma 3 launcher, go to the "Parameters" and switch to the "ADVANCED" tab. Now you should see the checkbox for "Malloc" under the advanced. Please check it and try to reproduce the issue with different memory allocators".

That didn't work so today I got a new message :

"please navigate to the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\_CommonRedist\vcredist

and install (right click and select "Run as administrator") both "vcredist_x64"

and "vcredist_x86" from all folders. Then please open the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma

3\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010

and install (right click and select "Run as administrator") "DXSETUP.exe".

The last thing you have to do is to open the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\_CommonRedist\DotNet\4.5.1

and install (right click and select "Run as administrator") "NDP451-KB2872776-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe"..

That didn't work either, but, just in case, try both solutions.

Tomorrow is going to be a full week since we are unable to play Arma3, I hope they do something to fix this.

I did all this already also, didn't work either.

That malloc settings sounded primising, but unfortunately didn't help.

Still can't play.

Still can't play.

Same here, and also BI support hasn't responded my mails since last Thursday, I'm starting to lose my patience. I mean, it's not just a bug or something minor, it has been 12 days of not being able to play the game. They should have fixed it by now.

• Like 2

Same here, and also BI support hasn't responded my mails since last Thursday, I'm starting to lose my patience. I mean, it's not just a bug or something minor, it has been 12 days of not being able to play the game. They should have fixed it by now.

They must be working *really* hard on that bugtracker, because they're not here addressing user issues in any meaningful way, and we know they're not fixing their game...

Good customer support seems to be increasingly rare these days, or maybe I'm just unlucky.

• Like 1

Hi, we got lucky today, I tried to launch the game for like the 1000 time, but this time  on the battleye window a new message appeared: "Blocked loading of file 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\api-ms-win-core-fibers-l1-1-1.dll' " and after that, ArmaA finally started !!.

So all you need to do, at least for now,  is make a copy of "api-ms-win-core-fibers-l1-1-1.dll", save it somewhere else , just in case, and then delete it.

My game now starts regularly from the steam launcher or directly from the directory.

File location : 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\api-ms-win-core-fibers-l1-1-1.dll'

Let me know if this works for you too!  :) 

• Like 2

In my win7 there is no such file. There are api-ms-win-core-file-l1-2-0.dll or api-ms-win-core-processthreads-l1-1-1.dll and a few more similar name, but there is no fibers... :( But still no running arma3.

EDIT: And I got a small (43MB) update today. I was so happy. But after I press the PLAY button at launcher got the very same, hated message. Im getting hopeless. :((

In my win7 there is no such file. There are api-ms-win-core-file-l1-2-0.dll or api-ms-win-core-processthreads-l1-1-1.dll and a few more similar name, but there is no fibers... :( But still no running arma3.

EDIT: And I got a small (43MB) update today. I was so happy. But after I press the PLAY button at launcher got the very same, hated message. Im getting hopeless. :((

I searched those .dll files on the web and they all seem to be for Windows 8 Pro :huh: , I've sent the "api-ms-win-core-fibers-l1-1-1.dll" file to battleye support  to let them know, that in my case, that was the one causing the game to not start. I let you know if I hear from them.

I'm sorry the solution didn't work for you :(

• Like 1

Hi, we got lucky today, I tried to launch the game for like the 1000 time, but this time  on the battleye window a new message appeared: "Blocked loading of file 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\api-ms-win-core-fibers-l1-1-1.dll' " and after that, ArmaA finally started !!.

So all you need to do, at least for now,  is make a copy of "api-ms-win-core-fibers-l1-1-1.dll", save it somewhere else , just in case, and then delete it.

My game now starts regularly from the steam launcher or directly from the directory.

File location : 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\api-ms-win-core-fibers-l1-1-1.dll'

Let me know if this works for you too!  :)

Holy shit, this actually worked. So I've seen popups on various app's startup for at least a year, referencing similar MS dll's like this before, usually you can just click them away and they don't affect program operation.

From research that I did when I first saw them, they were apparently due to trying to use API calls that aren't supported in an older version of the OS; i.e. Win8.1 functions on Win7 that doesn't support those functions. So BIS borked compatibility for older OS's? Or do we happen to have some sort of weird config to our systems that causes problems where others have none? Or perhaps I'm failing to understand the mechanism of the failure... EDIT: http://www.nirsoft.net/articles/windows_7_kernel_architecture_changes.html

Would love to figure it out before I do the Windows re-install that I've been putting off for a while. Arma 3 not working was hastening that job... at least now I can dick around with the new editor and play tonight with my buddies.

Thanks for the help, MPL Trace. Hopefully we'll see an official fix eventually, now that the devs hopefully have a better idea of the root cause. It's nice to have a workaround in the meantime, I feel bad for bardosy though. Hope you get sorted soon, I'll keep my eyes on the thread to see how you get on.

Oh. It was a hidden file.

Finally I could find it, remove it, and it works!

Thank you very much MPL Trace!!!!

• Like 1

Oh. It was a hidden file.

Finally I could find it, remove it, and it works!

Thank you very much MPL Trace!!!!

I'm happy to hear that :), I'm glad I could help you. Let's hope anyone else with the same problem finds this post, until BI releases a proper fix.

Now it's time to play ArmA3 ;)

• Like 1