hcpookie

Pandur import from A2 - release

Leveraging CUP units/factions etc. since I don't need to reinvent those.  So YES IT WILL REQUIRE CUP

The random netting and clutter, camo variations, animated components, etc. are present.

I have included a 20-page PDF GUIDE to describe in-depth all the details, classnames, and other interesting tidbits you may need to know about.  Lots of pictures! :)  Please download and read The Guide because it tries to answer all the questions I anticipated.  The Guide is part of the main D/L and can be downloaded separately.

The original DOWNLOAD LOCATION is here (180MB):    https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5B54FC51A7917265!27616&cid=5B54FC51A7917265

REQUIREMENTS

All of the models represented in my A2 conversion (as seen mostly in Rangemaster) are present:

• RCWS as used by ACR
  • SP30 (similar to that used by Spain)
  • MGS
  • HQ
  • Mortar
  • RWS .50 cal
  • .50/M240 carrier
  • .Mk19/M240 carrier
  • TOW AT model
  • HOT AT model
  • RBS-70 AA SAM model

pandur_SPIKE_1.jpg

pandur_RBS70_1.jpg

• Like 6

Vehicle Details

• Various Forest and Desert texture sets based on faction

Textures are faction-based for either Forest or Desert variations.  I have attempted to cover all sides/factions with at least one forest and one desert texture variation.  The default ACR pattern is retained.  German versions use CDF forest/mud pattern.

• Enhanced 3D model

The enhanced 3D model in this pack contains a walkable interior, fully articulated surfaces and hatches, and various small animated components based on version.  The optic panel covers, propellers, rear hatch, missile pod doors, etc. are all articulated and animate correctly.  Bouncy antennas on some models!

• Crew display monitors

Leverages A3 Picture-in-picture to provide in-cabin camera views.
    vids.jpg

• Foliage camouflage

It's back!
    foliage.jpg

• Signal Marker Panel

sigpanel.jpg

• Random Clutter and Camouflage Netting

clutter.jpg

• Camo Nets

• Random Clutter

• Shell Ejection

• Fully Articulated Water Fording Gear

• Climbable and Walkable Exterior

deck.jpg

• Night Formation Marker

nightmarker.jpg

• Working Fuel Cans

The fuel cans can be used to refill about 1/4 capacity in the tanks.  These have been tested to work w/ MP missions using the vehicle auto-respawn feature that requires players to repair/refuel the vehicle.

fuelcans.jpg

• Slat Armor versions

The slat armor correctly protects against the less-sophisticated RPG weapons.  More advanced dual-warhead and penetrator rounds will readily overcome the slat armor protection.

slats.jpg

• Deployable "outpost" for both Mortar Carrier and HQ models

outpost.jpg

• Like 4

Variants

• ACR “Standard†version
  • M2 RWS
  • M2 (open top)

m2transport.jpg

• Mk19 (open top)

mk19transport.jpg

• ATGM Platform
    •  ATGM-HOT

atgm.jpg

• ATGM-TOW

tow.jpg
  • RBS-70 A-A

rbs_AA.jpg

• HQ – Reconnaissance

hqplat.jpg

• Mortar Carrier
  • Turret Models
    • SP-30

• MGS (Mobile Gun System)

turrets.jpg
  • Like 5

BOOM!

Congrats on release! Hope these find a way into CUP itself someday  :lol:

Well, it doesn't really need to be "native" to CUP as it is pretty much a standalone mod, there is really nothing that putting it elsewhere would accomplish.  Of course dependency on CUP is a given since this is porting of A2 content.  But I doubt it needs any further integration.  I'll likely work with CUP to ensure the default vehicle is up to standard w/ my ACR vehicle, to the point they desire it to be.  They may want to leave the default BIS A2 content 'unaltered' however... completely up to the CUP team! ;)

• Like 2

Well, it doesn't really need to be "native" to CUP as it is pretty much a standalone mod, there is really nothing that putting it elsewhere would accomplish.  Of course dependency on CUP is a given since this is porting of A2 content.  But I doubt it needs any further integration.  I'll likely work with CUP to ensure the default vehicle is up to standard w/ my ACR vehicle, to the point they desire it to be.  They may want to leave the default BIS A2 content 'unaltered' however... completely up to the CUP team! ;)

Copy that! I mainly meant the ACR Pandur, and yeah - up to them to decide. Meanwhile im just enjoying the goodies and mocking around in Eden.

Could this be in Zeus?  Btw,could there be some sort of "turret" to be placed seperatly of RBS-70 ?  Would like to be able to place it at bases.....or even on top of small boats.

G'day Pookie.

Downloaded them and had chance to have a look at them today. They are looking great. Looking forward to what you bring over from Rangemaster/BAFX next. (Wouldn't mind seeing the Scimitar from BAFX). :) Thanks for your efforts and keep up the good work.

Just one question - does it require CUP?

Like...oh my gaawdd...did you not read the title? jeeeeeeeez :DDD

hehehehe HRM let me see... you know I think you're right, I think it does require CUP :p

G'day Pookie.

Downloaded them and had chance to have a look at them today. They are looking great. Looking forward to what you bring over from Rangemaster/BAFX next. (Wouldn't mind seeing the Scimitar from BAFX). :) Thanks for your efforts and keep up the good work.

That is the really tiny little clown car isn't it?  :D

I want to take a hard look at the Su27 family as I understand some of the extra "missilebox" weapons are available in the CUP pack.  The weapon availability has been a huge roadblock to importing any of the stuff.  I really want to import my BRDM pack as well, but the physx crap drives me crazy.

But can't you base 'em off of CUP BRDMs with Physx stuff? Then again, Su-27/30 from Rangemaster would be massive win together with CUP Su-34!

This mod is very fun and works well! B)

But it seems that i cann't retract the scope on HQ model? :huh:

Thank you for this great mod! :)

This mod is very fun and works well! B)

But it seems that i cann't retract the scope on HQ model? :huh:

Thank you for this great mod! :)

The default keyboard commands are Q/E to "raise/lower turret".  However I mapped mine to different keys.

Very nice work! Thank you! The perfect stuff for a new faction mod! 

Bugs found so far: 

• It seems that the raise and lower turret feature on the HQ is inverted. If i press E(raise) the tower lower :)
  • And with ACE on the CWS Version the Spike do not work for players. I cannot log on target or use wire control. TOW and HOT works fine. 
  • ACE Logistic is a problem for wheelchange, too. Some Wheelposition seems reversed, mixed up. If i sit in front of the wheel on the left 4th the menu is for removing and changing the first wheel and so on ... 
  • The iron sights from all "on top" Weapons are not working, i´m just zooming in but cannot really aim. 
  • The two big hatches from the mortar version are not closing if the engine is on. 

Reloading speed of all weapons is way to fast! Rockets should be increased by 300%, Mk19, MG-3 and M2 should increased by 200%

The moving speed of the HQ Optic is way too fast, too. Possible to make it slower so it needs 3sec to raise and lower it completely? And if i shoot the optic with a tank i can destroy the whole vehicle trough it. 

Weapons spray of the MG-3 on the RCWS Version is too big, too. Should be "half". You should be able to shoot up to 800m pretty precise :)

It would be nice if you make a Medic Version and a RWS(Mk19) Version, too :)

Absolutly great work! AAF is finally a good Enemy and this open a LOT of TvT potentiall! 

Hey, just one thing I noticed, I use mcc so let me know if this dose not happen for you (Could be an isolated incodent) but some variants of the Pandur are in Zeus and some are not. Could just be a line of code but here are some that I noticed are not in zeus that I can get in mcc or the 2D editor.

TOW AT

Mortar

SP-30

MGS

Thanks for the feedback, good to see it is working for people instead of "you must build my idea or your mod sucks"  :)

Regarding the bug reports, yes I intend to get to it sometime this year.  Some of those are beyond my ability, so things like "top guns can't aim" is not fixable, it would seem.  Something to do with the turret config order.  Some of those ACE issues, well I don't use ACE so don't expect those to be investigated.  I'm sure there's a fix the ACE team could develop to maintain compatibility with my mod.

I can't be more specific than "sometime this year" at present as I just moved.  Computer desk isn't even assembled at present!

• Like 2

I am working on the fixes for the reported issues, and the damn lights.  I think I figured it out so just need to add the "bits and pieces" to make the lights work correctly (I hope).

I'm going to start combining my stuff into larger "packs" so as to avoid DL hell for all the different mods I have.  Bigger DL, but easier to manage :)  So the next release will not be "pook_Pandur" but "pook_APC" or "pook_landvehicles" or something like that.  This will also allow me to "share" things like the new vehicle classes etc. among the different vehicle packs I have released.  And will let me easily combine new stuff...  :D

btrpack.jpg

• Like 2

Sweet! 

If your interested: We have some wishes for Config-Tweaks and Fixes. 

ALL VEHICLES: 

Driver Position - Left Monitor -> Current: Forward Looking Thermal View // Suggestion: Backwards Looking Daylight/Nightvision View (Backward Driving Camera!) 

Commander Position -> Current: Zooming factor in and out is to much // Suggestion: Reduce Zooming (Orientation on Vanilla Version) (Gunner is fine!) 

Smoke Launcher -> Current: too big Smoke angle(180°) // Suggestion: Reduced Smoke Launcher Angle (Maybe ~120° ?) 

All Turrets -> Current: Indestructible // Suggestion: Make them destructible; not working anymore with too much damage

Vehicle -> Current: Ladder not working // Suggestion: Make it work again! ;-) 

Pandur MGS:

Gunner Position - Weapon Turning Speed -> Suggestion: Reduce Turning Speed at 50%

Pandur ATWC:

Gunner Position - Weapon Turning Speed -> Suggestion: Reduce Turning Speed at 20%

Pandur RBS-70:

Gunner Position - Weapon - Current: Missile Launch is nearly unhearable // Suggestion: Increase Sound Volume for Launching Missiles(Inside)

Pandur Mortar: 

Mortar Position - Weapon -> Current: can shoot while driving // Suggestion: Make it Stop! 

Mortar Weapon - Weapon -> Current: can only shoot from 700m above // Suggestion: Should be able from 200m

Mortar Ammo: Flare Ammo is not bright enough

Mortar Firebase: Cannot be removed 

Pandur HQ: 

HQ Outpost: Cannot be removed 

And, of course, FFV in the Hatch Positions would be nice, too. But - i know - sadistic work. But keep in mind ;-) 

For some of the wishes i made a config fix for myself, but for the red one its not possible and is very Important to me. It would be very nice from you to consider this! 

Thanks for your feedback.  Keep in mind many of these things are not related to the Pandur, like the mortar range and flares (that's a BIS thing).  Since I am leveraging the CUP weapons, some things like reload speeds are just going to have to do.  Some I simply won't fix.  :) 

I've completed all the updates here so I'm hoping the upcoming update is "complete", but you never know. 

changelog:
- FIX: reversed turret raise/lower commands on the HQ model
- FIX: Loader MG3 iron sights on turret models
- FIX: working headlights and brake lights
- FIX: crew remains turned out during combat on models w/ external weapons
- FIX: Loader MG3 effects
- FIX: Missing "Loader" name
- FIX: Firebase/Outpost scripts
- FIX: Duplicate proxy issue on ATGM models
- FIX: Some models missing from Zeus list
- FIX: Rear ladder placement
- IMPROVED: Mortar can no longer fire when vehicle is in motion
- IMPROVED: adjusted reload speeds on some weapons
- IMPROVED: MG3 dispersion values
- IMPROVED: Ramp roadway placement should no longer block attempts to walk into vehicle
- NEW: Loader MG3 now uses Vilas' MG3 model
- NEW: Commander FFV on models with open tops (RCWS, Mortar, Transports)
- NEW: Gunner turret armor plating on open top models
- NEW: New shell ejection animation for AGS17, Mk19

Combining BRDM2, BTR60, BTR80, Pandur packs into one

This doesn't sound like much but it represents several weeks' worth of work. The wife's out of town so I have spent nearly all of my free time on this update.  "Coming soon"

• Like 4

A word about your thoughts with the backward facing camera?  :)

Or add a AA-of sorts spawned when I set-up?  For protection?

Theres an AA version included in this addon ;)