chronicsilence

Specific Icon Resource Location - Help me find it!

Hi everyone,

You know when you open your inventory in-game, if you don't have an item equipped in a specific slot (like rifle, secondary, attachments, etc.), it has a grey gradient "ghost" image of it instead? Like these:

d0ZH1w1.png

Does anyone know where these ghost images can be found in the ARMA files (e.g. "/A3/UI_F/Data/...")? I want to use them elsewhere in a custom GUI, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks!

a3\ui_f\data\gui\rsc\rscdisplaygear\

Mixed in with some other icons from the RscDisplayGear

a3\ui_f\data\gui\rsc\rscdisplaygear\

Mixed in with some other icons from the RscDisplayGear

Thanks larrow. I have another question for you if you don't mind. The Inventory screen is display #602, which corresponds to RscDisplayInventory. Within RscDisplayInventory >> controls, there is "SlotPrimary" with idc=610 and type=11 (CT_ACTIVETEXT). However, if you wait for the inventory screen to open and then do this:

_inv = findDisplay 602;
_slotPrimary = _display displayCtrl 610;
systemChat str ctrlType _slotPrimary;

This will show type 103 (CT_ITEMSLOT). This is strange, how did the type change from the config to the actual display? Also, there seems to be no documentation on type 103 and how to set a picture for it. In the wise words of Bubbles:

IgU4Yh.jpg

There is all sorts of magic :) happening behind the scene with the inventory.

As you have discovered in your other thread, trying to replicate the inventory is a PITA.

Would not be surprised that things like this are changed on the fly.